• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

EarthMaster tractor

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Any idea what year this is from? What happened to the brand did it get bought out by another company or just fade away? I never heard of EarthMaster and used to play with old tractors so it is a new one to me!

I think mine is from the 50s. They were made in Burbank California by an aerospace firm trying to keep their workers after WW2 wound down. The early ones were late 40s vintage and the company moved to North Carolina and built them into the 50s. I think Sears sold them for a while, maybe it was Monkey Wards. The web site earthmastertractor.com has lots of details. Mine is loaded with all the option, I found it on CraigsList. the N62 engine had the valves welded to the valve guides due to water being allowed down the exhaust so I got it for 650 dollars. I repaired the valve train and it runs great. So I’m happy to have a neat little tractor that’s usable for the price of a used riding lawnmower. No parts are missing, it even came with a mold board plow that weighs 500 pounds, that’s laying in my yard. it also has a hydraulic pump that operates the lift cylinder on the rear. I exercise it in the summer and keep ethanol free gas in it. They’re kind of cool I think, it only goes 8 mph due to the governor on the engine. You don’t have to split this tractor to put a clutch in, that’s helpful. 6 volt of course, but like most people I run an 8 volt battery. I’m going to put a 6 volt electric fuel pump on it this summer and ditch the ancient mechanical unit. It has a PTO and the big drum thing that drives a belt.

You can drive these into the back of a pickup, I move it around in a landscaping trailer. You can change the wheel base both front and back.

Any idea what year this is from? What happened to the brand did it get bought out by another company or just fade away? I never heard of EarthMaster and used to play with old tractors so it is a new one to me!
I believe the Antique Power Magazine cover I posted is a North Carolina build and that mine is also. The Burbanks tractors were the earliest. I have the same wheel weights etc. I wish I had that step on mine, too often the steering wheel gets used as a grab iron to mount the tractor breaking the tube around the splined shaft. That step (painted green) I will have to fabricate, I don’t want to hunt down a parts tractor as these machines are not common. They’re saying this restoration tractor is a 57. They are a gravity feed fuel system but I’m going to incorporate a 6 volt electric fuel pump because last summer I had fuel starvation issues or vapor lock. It has an updraft carburetor like my airplane, but the tractor carb is a zenith.

Last edited:
0E20E469-C562-482A-8AC3-83AC65B624D5.jpeg
I tow the 150 in the background onto our runway with this old machine. It makes a great tug because you can turn around in the seat and see what your doing.