• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Converting to a 5 man cab!

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Love the update sorry about your tumble,
Life quote, "make sure your bridge is connected at both ends" words to live by.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Update incoming!!! I‘m great at taking videos but terrible at posting them…I best get better at that! But alas here is part 2

ah, what would I like to see?

it done, and on the snow this year, Okay, one can dream, right,

love the video and great work

go go go

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
Getting the cab Sandblasted and Painted! Video will be incoming soon as I get it edited!

Reactions: PJL

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry for falling off the band wagon here!!! Things have gotten crazy with the cattle and possibly playing with the Snowcat….but don’t let the secret out, there may have been rumors of it at the Clowder, but that was maybe some other cat that may or may not have look like mine;)
Thanks to everyone for all the tips that I used in this next installment, and I hope someone will Piont out any more tricks of the trade!!!
Be sure to Subscribe on YouTube so you catch the episodes as I drop them! Thanks again!

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank you to everyone thats been patiently waiting! Its been a busy year at the ranch! Spring calving was cold, snowy, wet and a disaster, summer brought straightline winds that flattened over 2200 cord of aspen across the ranch and wreck miles of fence line, then fall spun us back into a drought that had us moving cattle all over while rebuilding fence, winter has finally set in so enough with the excuses I’m back to post more videos and updates!

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
Getting the Door and Window Frames welded in! Then I was able to track 2 front windshields out of a Thomas School Bus. I figured Bus windshields are plentiful and cheapish…:wink: Trying to keep it simple! Wade was able to bend me up all the frame work I needed to make the frames and once those were welded in place a friend of a friend from Safelite came over and “showed” me how to put the windshields in!

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
I Keep chugging away at getting the videos up! I’d really rather be working on the snowcat but your encouragement keeps me editing over hours of videos to get em out there, so Thanks again for watching and keep the tips coming! After hearing all the horror stories about steel or plastic fuel tanks I had Wade at Staples Precision Metalcraft make my aluminum fuel cell, it was great cuz we made it to my exact dimensions so we could have the biggest tank possible with all the taps and fillers in the right spots for this application.

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I guess I can’t count…cuz somehow I forgot to publish part 8…but I think this is a common problem in the Bombardier as almost SV I have seen has a cracked manifold so I added a SS flex joint and rubber mounted (supposed to be heat resistant) the muffler. There was some serious tension on the exhaust manifold as it snapped apart when I cut it. Let me know what you think, I’m thinking about adding some heat shields to keep the heat down in the tunnel. Anybody done this? Send me some pictures please!!!

Last edited:

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
While we wait for the heat shields to get done, I was able to get video of my custom shift cable install posted! I can’t recommend Ed enough if you need a cable, he knows his stuff and he walked me through ordering the right cable the first time!
www.controlcables.com

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
Working on getting the Winch Wiring in and getting my cables the perfect length. I used 2 AWG for this as its rated for 175 Amps and my winch is rated at 150 Amps Full draw, so I should be close…isn‘t the recommended margin 20%?

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
This is what happens when your more focused on finding parts than getting your videos posted! :bonk:

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
I’m really trying to get videos caught up here! Thanks for all the support! I love these Beta clamps for all types of hoses, just wish I could find em cheaper, but for the price of a new hose…I’ll put a few extra clamps on these days!