• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Chevy Silverado Driver Ticketed for Towing 53-Foot-Long Trailer

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Hmmmmmm . . . . uhhhh at least he crossed his tow chains .....

79446085-972191509817310-3213476260076322816-o-1576859900.png

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a30296894/chevy-silverado-ticketed-towing-long-trailer/

• A driver in Canada was ticketed for towing a 53-foot-long trailer with a heavy-duty pickup.
  • The trailer was hitched to the truck via a pin system, which somehow worked.
  • As dangerous as this was, we couldn't help but be impressed by the Chevy Silverado's apparent capability to do it in the first place.

More at the link: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a30296894/chevy-silverado-ticketed-towing-long-trailer/

Bannedjoe

I guess he must not have a tractor supply in his area, otherwise he might know that they make pintle hooks for towing receivers.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
must not have had any thing in the trailer because had it had 40 k in thje trailer there is no way they were going to stop it that trailer had air brakes so to tow it they were caged.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm just impressed a Government Motors "truck" could pull anything bigger than a garden cart.

Just sayin' :th_lmao::th_lmao:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
If he ever had to stand on the brakes it would have been "wake up, leroy" time. TR, what's the difference between a Ford and a golf ball? You can drive a golf ball a hundred yards, LOL!!
Mike

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
If he ever had to stand on the brakes it would have been "wake up, leroy" time. TR, what's the difference between a Ford and a golf ball? You can drive a golf ball a hundred yards, LOL!!
Mike
that's good we could turn that one in to a Kristi joke.

Bannedjoe

Come to think of it, I've seen worse things going down the road.
Not only did some of them deserve a ticket, but probably some jail time too!

One comes to mind that I took a picture of that I can't find.
A guy had a pickup, pulling a fifth wheel, with a trailer behind that, and a boat being pulled behind the trailer.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Mike

Hey Mike, did you know the new GM pickups now come with a heated tailgate. True story, so now when you have to push them in the winter, you can keep your hands warm. :th_lmao: