Camso / Soucy comparion

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
The anti-rotation limiters have soft stops going in both directions. One way you are against rubber donuts while the other is a steel spring. Least that's how most are. Do post photos when you can.

The front one attaches to the a- arm and has the rubber bumper the rear is for a rigid Axel and does not have the rubber bumper, I thought they were missing but looking in the manual the solid Axel type do not have it but machines with a arms in the rear have a different mount with the rubber bumper. The manual also gives measurements for initial set up. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0426.jpg
    IMG_0426.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0427.jpg
    IMG_0427.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 124

alryA

The bottom photo must be a rear pod?? Those factory bent bars will get bent in the field. The anti-rotation system goes through hell of stress while stuck or getting up something steep, like a ditch. As you might image, the heaver the vehicle, the more the stress on these. The anchor for them needs to seriously mounted as well.

Last edited:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
The bottom photo must be a rear pod?? Those factory bent bars will get bent in the field. The anti-rotation system goes through hell of stress while stuck or getting up something steep, like a ditch. As you might image, the heaver the vehicle, the more the stress on these. The anchor for them needs to seriously mounted as well.

The top photo is the front and that funny little bracket attaches to the A-arm. The bottom photo is the rear and is bent for clearance around the track both sides look the same. The manual says the end of it with the hime joint mounts to the rear Axel parallel to the ground. I will have to fabricate a bracket when the lift kit and wheel adapters show up.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
A number of years ago I purchased a used Polaris Ranger with Duratracks, which were perhaps the most expensive of the different track options at the time. I bought the machine, which was very highly optioned, at a very reasonable price.

Scott and I took it to the same location we usually test Tuckers. The performance was VERY underwhelming. On a packed trail it was okay, but if you ventured off the trail it sort-of chewed it's way through the snow.

I never used it again and sold the machine. Yes, it was THAT disappointing.

I looked up Duratracks they look to be more heavy duty for any type of rough terrain but they are not very big for that reason. Specifications say total track area of 1400 square inches, on a 1500# ranger thats 1.07 psi The compulast tracks that have are 2400 square inches. that is a pretty big difference. We will see.

alryA

I've installed about 6 sets of these onto ATV's, UTV's and our 6x6 so you might be helping others by describing the various parts.

Attachments

• pods in bus shed.jpg
    pods in bus shed.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 114

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

Thanks I was thinking the same there are going to be situations where the tracks can't rotate enough to match the ground going over a berm or ditch. When in doubt make it stronger. I think I am now getting my head wrapped around what I need to do to get them installed. The help is appreciated. Marty

HankScorpio

I hang out at 10,000ft in the winter. Sno-cats and snowmobiles. I wondered why nobody is ever up there on ATV's or UTV's with tracks. They seem to sell lots of them and I see them around in the valleys on trailers. I have seen 2 in 10 years up in the snow. A friend put a set on his razr and I learned why, they are terrible. Super slow, no flotation and they destroyed his razr. Granted the little toys are built pretty poorly but after he tried them for the season everything was trashed. Most of the bearings were toast, bent axle and suspension parts. He sold the whole thing off and said never again.

alryA

Well gee, pods are not the answer to the worlds problems..... Having said that, I've spent over ten years grooming ski trails with them and we do receive snow here. Seriously, we do get snow here and I spent about 1000 hours per season utilizing them. I'd not go back to a SWT Skandic if that was the only machine available. Razor are a sport, high speed, sport kind of machine. That's why I'd not own one.

I've already mentioned poor bearings that some manufactures use.

I hang out at 10,000ft in the winter. Sno-cats and snowmobiles. I wondered why nobody is ever up there on ATV's or UTV's with tracks. They seem to sell lots of them and I see them around in the valleys on trailers. I have seen 2 in 10 years up in the snow. A friend put a set on his razr and I learned why, they are terrible. Super slow, no flotation and they destroyed his razr. Granted the little toys are built pretty poorly but after he tried them for the season everything was trashed. Most of the bearings were toast, bent axle and suspension parts. He sold the whole thing off and said never again.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Here it is with the 3-1/2" lift kit and the tracks on it. What I have left is the rotation limiters. The front ones I will attach to the front A-arms as intended. on the rear I was considering removing the factory bar arrangement and make a bracket with bumper stops that will contact the leaf spring front and rear to get the maximum rotation. Do you think that concept will work or do they need resistance all the time? My Tucker snow cat does not have anything limiting rotation but this set up may still need that. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 83

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
looks cool, My experience is with a home built set on a IH scout. we tested and played quite a bit before putting limiters on, Long story short the fenders are all trashed on the scout. it happens right when you think everything is good. and them some weight transfer or uneven terrain gets every thing twisting in ways you would never think...

Your tucker is heavy, longer and equa-distant from center