• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2021 Snow Cat Clowder ( FEBRUARY 6, 2021 )

The Yehti

Ahh Midwest Cat Clowder , Missed it last year , had to groom snowmobile trails . .... our family multiplied by 1 since the last time we saw everyone and the little stinker is waiting to get on top of that mountain with the machine that's as old as her dad . I'll be waiting for you in the parking lot with a Pasty in one hand and a beverage of at least 9% octane in the other - We can't wait to see you ALL . Imp owners unite !!

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well we are less than a month away. Many webbed feet paddling away making the swan look graceful. Time for a head count. Status such as Unofficially most likely maybe are allowed.
We are trying to herd cats so to say. (Swag orders, forest routes, burger counts ect)
With the uptick in social media activity and the new business from home activity. Folks are looking to get out.
Who has early February travel plans?

The Yehti

Back Country Sno-Cats checking into The Black River Lodge Fri sometime. Time to be dictated by the girls . Earlier the better for me .

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
Ill be there! The cat should be mostly finished by then.. Paint might be drying on the drive east...

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty sure philip and kieih are coming. ( boot sponsor )
Black angus beef sponsor is silent but working hard to make it happen.
Sean ( 343 on unique tracks )
Lou
the citiots
nelson cat
most of the kempen clan
a particular princess
Track inc
Brice ( ole toss a track )
gannon
Freddy B
Tim and Lois for sure in a two machine team.
Coot Bruce
Drunk frog is on the fence. He parted the drunk frog to make the Derp
Nite owl is a most likely
MC duffy
Sqwrl INC.
Corby
Weatherby is indecisive as always.
Camel towing
carani cruiser
That Guy from down state with the GMC hauler and giant 440 powered 1644.
Greg from MN High rise tucker

I am sure i am forgetting. but these folks have reached out and I know have reservations in lodges.

100MPH is out
Kt-4 is a weak maybe
Undy is unlikely
as is Awe hell snow
Not sure is connie can get out of canadia
AJ is unlikely
Back yard ski is unlikely
south towns will be passing us in lake superior. He is on duty and likely too far out to see.

Arly we could use a Boss. Specifically a trail boss. we have cats to herd.

There is a nice shirt designed.
Stickers in the swag bags
multiple train and event options developing as you would expect in a pandemic year......

Stay tuned the strong turn out and diverse bunch of machines make this an event to not miss.

Attachments

• 20201112_151936 crop.jpg
    20201112_151936 crop.jpg
    874.5 KB · Views: 108

alryA

I might me able to attend for the jaunt down to da lake since we are "locale". Is that on Friday?

I might be able to attend this on Friday. :D

Day two
Typically Friday is the main snow catting day. We depart from the only Ski FLYING hill outside of Europe (Copper Peak https://copperpeak.net/ ) The Friday trail day is a little more organized family experience based around a mid-day Campfire lunch stop, families and smiles dictate the navigation and duration of the day and to some extent the destination. Time for Mountain biking, skiing and snowshoeing at the turnaround overlooking the Lake Superior shore line is encouraged...... (past participants please expand) a Friday fish fry and Old Fashioned on the docket for dinner. The Caribou lodge with live entertainment at the gun barrel lodge and Local VFW in Bessemer are popular destinations.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I might me able to attend for the jaunt down to da lake since we are "locale". Is that on Friday?
Yes sir. that is typically a Friday deal. ( likely to be a Saturday day opportunity as well ) bring a sleeping bag I am sure we can find a spare bedroom

as you can imagine, the pandemic precautions and logistics, are dictating a bit of our approach this year.... so there is a bit of plan A,B,C contingency happening.

alryA

I should add the the back country ride down to da lake was super fun. :LOL: Not to mention the food with compadres at the lake shore! Should I bring a mutt along?? I was thinking I would. Anyone like to run the Boss??

The Yehti

Pretty sure philip and kieih are coming. ( boot sponsor )
Black angus beef sponsor is silent but working hard to make it happen.
Sean ( 343 on unique tracks )
Lou
the citiots
nelson cat
most of the kempen clan
a particular princess
Track inc
Brice ( ole toss a track )
gannon
Freddy B
Tim and Lois for sure in a two machine team.
Coot Bruce
Drunk frog is on the fence. He parted the drunk frog to make the Derp
Nite owl is a most likely
MC duffy
Sqwrl INC.
Corby
Weatherby is indecisive as always.
Camel towing
carani cruiser
That Guy from down state with the GMC hauler and giant 440 powered 1644.
Greg from MN High rise tucker

I am sure i am forgetting. but these folks have reached out and I know have reservations in lodges.

100MPH is out
Kt-4 is a weak maybe
Undy is unlikely
as is Awe hell snow
Not sure is connie can get out of canadia
AJ is unlikely
Back yard ski is unlikely
south towns will be passing us in lake superior. He is on duty and likely too far out to see.

Arly we could use a Boss. Specifically a trail boss. we have cats to herd.

There is a nice shirt designed.
Stickers in the swag bags
multiple train and event options developing as you would expect in a pandemic year......

Stay tuned the strong turn out and diverse bunch of machines make this an event to not miss.
Back Country Sno-Cats will be in attendance .

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is an update:

the Kooty Kraze is dying quickly here in the Midwest. MI has opened up restaurants ( 25%) and Ironically limited outdoor gatherings ( eye roll here )
So after a bit of shuffling here is the unofficial official itinerary. We have put together a great diverse schedule of events that will make for a great Vintage Clowder Experience.

Thursday: NEW NEW New new.......

We head off to a wonderful forest experience using unmaintained unplowed Fire breaks, Forest access and logging trails and roads to an abondoned ski jump area. Daytime cruise takes us to a WI, based bar, tavern, Pub and grub type venue with an 80 ACRE parcel of private land to goof around on if your not sick of your cat when you get there. :cool: Lunch inside or fire pit outside for the distanced crowd...... then its back to the trailers. dinner on your own. ( many venues in WI are open and full service, MI Venues will be 25% and carry out, Please support the small business owners )

Friday: SAME SAME Same same........

The Traditional Lake superior cruise is plan A. Boots on the Ground are patrolling the route, Storm damage, snow conditions and a few local variables are being monitored in this region and the final call will be made with respect to the above. The Friday Trail ride will culminate in the Classically and extremely popular ski hill tour Scheduled for 4:30 PM at the Big Powder horn complex.
Again Dinner on your own. ( many venues in WI are open and full service, MI Venues will be 25% and carry out, Please support the small business owners )

Saturday: NEW NEW New new......

The Show and not so Shine is happening. We are heading to a small town venue right on the snowmobile trail in Saxon WI. Rides Games and conversation as interest weather and space allow. This is a Wisconsin Venue and includes a light lunch catered in for show participants and guests. From this location we load up and head to Hurley WI to a photo opportunity right in town at a popular abandoned rail trestle and then snow cat to our Dinner party. Bar opens at 5:30 PM . Dinner 6 pm. Hurley is known for its night life with many establishments near by. Carry out is an option for the dinner program.

• If you have reached out and contacted Myself or any of the members here, You will be put into a Group Text based on the day of your arrival. Please use those contact points to coordinate your movement. ( the idea here is you are in town at the same time )
  • Before you reach out and lick some bodies ear try to establish a boundary check, if they are backing up, licking their ear is not a good idea. Please be respectful.
  • We have a Beef Sponsor ( for the Friday lunch stop ), if you are vegan consider bringing extra to share.
  • the 10 day has snow snow and snow. not much cold this year. ( im sorry, the cold is a real disappointment to me as well )
  • Snow mobile tag alongs have become a problem for our event. ( if you are aware of snow mobiles intending to tag along, they need strict direction to go snowmobile somewhere else on the Friday Trail event ) off trail snow machines are not allowed where we are going and we need your help to keep them out.
  • If you have not received a call or message from me and are planning on attending I need to know sooner than later to provide our dinner and lunch stop estimates. ( Saturday dinner is the most critical )
  • With just shy of 30 Cats in attendance, movement and logistics is important, When parking and unloading Look around a bit before you pop a squat. ( we don't use the rule of lug nuts, but its not a bad idea to give some thought to what and where you are unloading)
This is a tongue in cheek post and I hope you can interpret the intent of the event is fun and community. We don't preregister, or require any type of fee's so bring a happy happy happy attitude and some knowledge to share. If you are coming to mine for machines, the ones for sale will likely be posted as such. ( CONSTANTLY asking, is annoying )
See you soon.

Attachments

• 20190131_152256.jpg
    20190131_152256.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 99

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Final head count for the dinner program Saturday will be turned in Monday mid day.

If any

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
How is your prep going?

all attendees should have received a message or three about the Covid compliant movement plans laid out. If you are coming and did not get a message reach out.

Great program. Came together like oil and water should.

So if you rebuild a carb. and your imp doesn't idle purrfect, Do you:

A) rebuild another carb
B) clean the points
C) rebuild 4 solex carbs and 2 FOMOCO from your saab buddy
D) put a weber on it
E) change the condensor?

The picture is a hint. I made three if any one wants to fit a weber on their imp......

Attachments

• throttle inverter.jpg
    throttle inverter.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 89

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
What are the local temps going to be this weekend in the Ironwood area?
Inquiring minds want to know.... :snow_smi:

Regards, Kirk

alryA

Gee, we've been so warm this past month so maybe you guys are prompting our temps to drop? (we reside 100 miles NE of IW)

Thursday
Snow showers likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Thursday Night
A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 6.
Friday
A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 12.
Friday Night
A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -1.
Saturday
A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 6.
Saturday Night
A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -11.
Sunday
A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 0.