2021 Snow Cat Clowder ( FEBRUARY 6, 2021 )

Eric_Ivy_PDX

Not to pee in your snow, but I kinda doubt they'd keep a chair open. They'd need 3 people to run it, one at the bottom, one at top, and one to unload bikes. And their chairs aren't setup for bikes AFAIK. Then the insurance question comes to mind of letting people bike down without the hill's lights on and no ski patrol. Man, I sure got up on the wrong side of bed today. WTF

Gannon

I am planning on coming from se pa with my 1542. My 442a won’t be ready so only one will be in tow.
When does the get together actually end?
Is the lodging listed on the big powderhorn website my best choice? Can I drive my cat right up to the places there? Also is there anything I should equip mine with to be better prepared.

thanks

Patroller

@Gannon, There is usually a trail ride on Thur, Feb 4th, another on Friday the 5th and a tour of the Mountain on Sat evening. Sunday and Monday are pack-up and leave.
There is lodging available from this site: https://bookings-bigpowderhornmountainresort.escapia.com/DesktopDefault.aspx
Hugel Haus is popular for the Clowder because it's right next to the parking lots.
There is also lodging available here: https://bookings-bpla.escapia.com/DesktopDefault.aspx

If you are curious about the location of a particular unit let me know and I will spot it on the map for you:

Eric_Ivy_PDX

I am planning on coming from se pa with my 1542. My 442a won’t be ready so only one will be in tow.
When does the get together actually end?
Is the lodging listed on the big powderhorn website my best choice? Can I drive my cat right up to the places there? Also is there anything I should equip mine with to be better prepared.

thanks
Hi Gannon, there's still quite a bit to be had on AirBnB too, and cheaper if you're looking for saving your beer/parts money

Patroller

For the dates Feb 4th to the 7th. This is the VRBO site:

Gannon

I booked a room in the hugelhaus. Thanks guys. I’m planning on getting in Wednesday evening. It’s about 16 hrs one way

Patroller

If you are having difficulty finding rooms close to the Clowder, the Black River Lodge is not far away. They are located near the National Forest and have about 65 wooded acres with some trails. They have a wide variety to offer. Rooms to full condos.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Steve is that the hotel we pass on the way to copper peak?

Ill try to cross post that face book list of franchise lodging in Ironwood and Bessemer

Patroller

Steve is that the hotel we pass on the way to copper peak?
Ill try to cross post that face book list of franchise lodging in Ironwood and Bessemer
Yes. It's a couple of miles North of Powderhorn on Black River Road. So very easy access to Powderhorn. All rural. No traffic or stop lights.

The Yehti

Ahh Midwest Cat Clowder , Missed it last year , had to groom snowmobile trails . .... our family multiplied by 1 since the last time we saw everyone and the little stinker is waiting to get on top of that mountain with the machine that's as old as her dad . I'll be waiting for you in the parking lot with a Pasty in one hand and a beverage of at least 9% octane in the other - We can't wait to see you ALL . Imp owners unite !!

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Well we are less than a month away. Many webbed feet paddling away making the swan look graceful. Time for a head count. Status such as Unofficially most likely maybe are allowed.
We are trying to herd cats so to say. (Swag orders, forest routes, burger counts ect)
With the uptick in social media activity and the new business from home activity. Folks are looking to get out.
Who has early February travel plans?