• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

yamalube equivalent

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've used YamaLube in our jet ski since it was new. Now Yamilube is hard to find, my dealer stopped carrying it. He now carries an off brand I've never heard of but still wants 17 - 20 bucks per gallon. Same price as Yamalube.

I'm hoping Buy25 or someone can tell me of an equivalent oil. The jet ski is still running strong and I want to keep it that way.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Well, I run Polaris 2 stroke oil injection oil in my Yamaha snowmobiles. Have never had a problem. The main criteria should be to use quality name brand oil in all applications with oil specs that meet the engine manufactures required oil specs for that engine.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc said:
I've used YamaLube in our jet ski since it was new. Now Yamilube is hard to find, my dealer stopped carrying it. He now carries an off brand I've never heard of but still wants 17 - 20 bucks per gallon. Same price as Yamalube.

I'm hoping Buy25 or someone can tell me of an equivalent oil. The jet ski is still running strong and I want to keep it that way.

My Yamaha dealer carries Klotz and Amsoil. I've run Klotz racing synthetics since the late 70's and have been very impressed with it's performance, lack of plug fouling, and clean cylinder heads on rebuilds. Besides that, I honestly like the smell of Klotz. :D