• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTS 1983 Tucker

night-owl

GOLD Site Supporter
WTS 1983 Tucker Sno-Cat , 1624 long track , 360 chrysler gas , 5 speed manual , 6 way blade w/hyd. to rear , 3020 total hours w/ 505 hours on engine & tracks , new carb , battery , block heater , some spare parts , 115 gal fuel tank for long runs , this Tucker runs & drives excelent , you paint it your color choice ! Trailer availabe . $11,500 located in North/Central Minnesota srp@2z.net

Attachments

• 100_0548.jpg
    100_0548.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 804

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
nice looking tucker...seems like a fair price too..

More pictures would be nice...

It looks like a different 6-way than either of the two I've had. Mine had up-down, left-right, and the ability to tilt the blade side-to-side. This one looks like it can tilt fore and aft, but not side-to-side. That's probably better for a flat-land groomer, but not so much for crossing side hills.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not to disagree with you, as in the pic I see, you cann't tell.... but I think a man in northern Minnisota who owns a Tucker would know what a 6 way blade is.:smile::wink:..... Plus it isn't that flat up there.....

Nice looking rig for the money, I'd say

regards, Kirk

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Kirk,

If you look carefully at the OP's photo, just below the front left corner of the hood you'll see a hydraulic cylinder that extends horizontally to a weldment in the center of the plow. Extending (or retracting) that cylinder will move the top of the blade in and out increasing or decreasiing the rolling action of the snow off the blade as it "plows".

I've attached two photos to this post. The first is a factory Tucker six-way blade with the six-way adjustments I described in an earlier post. Look at the right side of the blade in the photo and you'll see a vertical bracket with some diagonal supports. That's what the hydraulic cylinder (which tilts the blade) attaches to (the cylinder is on the backside of this bracket). If you look closely you can see the hydraulic lines going to the cylinder.

The second photo is of another factory blade, though it's been removed for sand blasting, priming, and painting. You can see that same bracket.

If you compare these photos with the OP's you'll clearly see the difference in the two.

Attachments

• phpeKE0hcPM.jpg
    phpeKE0hcPM.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 657
  • phpH44wkUPM.jpg
    phpH44wkUPM.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 653

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup it's not factory Tucker. But back here in these "sicks" it isn't uncommon to adapt another manufacturer's product to fit another. (My guess is Valley) you stated two extra funtion of "left and right" and then you mention blade tilt left and right....So you can move your blade laterally to the side and tilt it to the same side? I've not seen one that will do that. Sounds more to me like an 8 way blade, not a 6 way. Blade up (1) blade down (2) roll blade out (3) roll blade in (4) tilt blade left (5) tilt blade right (6). See even us midwesteners an count, But you should know this aready!!!

I am still betting the guy in northern Minnsota who owns a Tucker would know what he is talking about......

Don't you think it is a good looking machine for the money? Or is your trailer already hooked up!:whistling:

Just teasing...

Regards, Kirk

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Yup it's not factory Tucker. But back here in these "sicks" it isn't uncommon to adapt another manufacturer's product to fit another. (My guess is Valley) you stated two extra funtion of "left and right" and then you mention blade tilt left and right....So you can move your blade laterally to the side and tilt it to the same side? I've not seen one that will do that. Sounds more to me like an 8 way blade, not a 6 way. Blade up (1) blade down (2) roll blade out (3) roll blade in (4) tilt blade left (5) tilt blade right (6). See even us midwesteners an count, But you should know this aready!!!

I am still betting the guy in northern Minnsota who owns a Tucker would know what he is talking about......

Don't you think it is a good looking machine for the money? Or is your trailer already hooked up!:whistling:

Just teasing...

Regards, Kirk

Kirk,

Actually I do think it's a factory Tucker blade, just with different features. I don't see a tilting ability on the OP's blade. I'm quite sure they offered the roll forward and aft capabilities (like the OP's) in later years.

I don't know how familiar you are with Tuckers of this general vintage, but the blades pusher frame actually attaches to the front axle. Then there is a bunch of additional supporting framework behind the front axle to transfer the load from the front axle up to the main frame. All of that stuff is in the photo.

When you turn the steering wheel, the blade turns with the axle. If you've driven a pickup with a snowplow, the first time you drive a Tucker with a blade it's... well... different.

In my descriptions of the angle functions I was lazy. I can't shift the blade laterally. I'm sorry for not being more clear. My six-way blades have had powered up and down( 1 & 2), angle left and angle right (3 & 4), and tilt left and tilt right (5 & 6). A pickup snowplow typically has power up (gravity down) and angle left and angle right.

I have a photocopy of an original Tucker brochure on the 6-way blade. It's dated 10/74 and shows the same configuration I've had. I don't have a scanner or I'd try and post it here.

I'm trying hard to wean myself down to one Tucker and stay there. There have been several this year that have been darn tempting and I'll even admit there were a couple of Thiokols that had me going. So far I have been successful at resisting temptation.

That being said, from the one picture (I would like several more) it does look pretty clean.

I'm surprised it doesn't have the damper wheels instead of the Hyfax, and with its grooming history I would want to look at it very carefully for cracks in the frame and carriers. Both of those are not uncommon under hard usage and they can be difficult to see.

I've seen some really pathetic repair work on Tuckers. The kind where you look at the fix, shake your head, and say "What were they thinking"? It's not fun to get into one of those situations unless you can buy the machine cheap enough (which I never seem to do).

night-owl

GOLD Site Supporter
You both have some good points ! this blade is factory , power up/down , power tilt side to side , for the side hills , and power tilt front/back for the "cut" angle of the blade , and it turns with the front axel L/R that takes some getting used to compared to most pickup snowplows . It also has bolt on extensions that make the blade 10' wide . Another point is that at 6,600 lbs. & 8' wide NO special permits are requried to transport on the highway so the blade extensions have never been put on it . It also has never been " FARM WELDED" but has had a hydraulic leak or 2 when the system has been bottomed out . I will post more detailed pictures when Boggie comes up for his ride :clap: but he is almost an hour away . This machine is the real -deal and it needs a new home or I may have to list my SNO-TRAC :sad: but I think not.

night-owl

GOLD Site Supporter
Blade pictures & the advantage of 4 tracks

Attachments

• 100_0560.jpg
    100_0560.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 452
  • 100_0562.jpg
    100_0562.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 455

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Your blade is quite different than either of the ones I've owned.

It appears that it has no angle function and essentially pushes snow straight ahead. It doesn't have the capability to bring snow from say the left side to the right side (or vice versa). I guess that makes sense given the U shape to the blade.

Is there a hydraulic cylinder on the right side that tilts the blade? I can't see that in the photos.

Looks like a nice machine!

night-owl

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes , it tilts left or right plus changes the cut angle to really cut in to ice/hardpack - it will lift the front tracks off the ground if you really want to put some scratches in your driveway !