• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's making my brick look wet?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
On the new house I bought, there's a couple places where it almost always appears wet. It's a bedroom area so there's no plumbing. It's got a new roof and the area doesn't get hit with rain water.
Ideas?

Attachments

• 20200125_160708.jpg
    20200125_160708.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 17

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Missing some insulation behind the brick? thats crazy looking. are there any trees that shadow the wall in the morning?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't think it's missing any insulation. This wet spot appears all year.

No trees. This is on the west side of the house. The rest of the brick wall looks normal.

I did scrub the entire wall last summer with cleaner thinking it may be something that got on it but the spot is still there.

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
take a propane torch to one of the bricks and see if it steams from water evaporation or lightens up, otherwise id say it got stained some how when it was stacked up on the pallet in the brick yard. i know my brick got stained from the sprinkler system, but that took years. looks very unusual for sure.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
A big dog maybe?

Your brick wall may well have been sprayed with a sealer and that part was missed. Frankly, because it effects both the bricks and the mortar, that looks like an oil stain