• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

VIDEO: Guy rides his motorcycle over a cliff

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is a tragicomic video of a young man in California going over a cliff. He basically just stops turning. He claimed the bike's steering "locked up" even though seconds earlier it worked just fine. He doesn't even seem to brake very much, he only scrubs about 20mph before zooping into the air. I think he fixated on a light pole and then the cliff's edge.

He went on talk shows and said how awful & dangerous motorcycles are. Very tragic end to the tale. I guess perpetually daydrunk TV hosts know a thing or two about dangerous lifestyles.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And another.

I believe both of these videos are good examples of target fixation. We have to have the ability to open up our vision and look where we want to go. He could have easily made that curve.

Here is a second one. The bike hits the barrier at almost no lean angle, he could easily have tightened up his line by pushing the inside grip. Instructors tell students to look thru the curve, to look to where they want to go, the bike will go where you look so fixating on a spot is a great way to hit that spot.