• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Verizon 4G LTE to 5G

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I got a text from Verizon today telling me the service was expanding to 5G from 4G LTE, which I've always been used to on my phones.
I knew this was supposed to happen soon, because they'd talked about it last year.
Today is the day.
Since then, it keeps jumping back on forth from one to the other.
I even lost my connection 3 times.
Honestly, I don't notice much of a difference.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
An old friend that works for Verizon told me that "LTE" meant "long term environment". How can that be when it only lasted a few years?
What pisses me off is that I have Verizon phones (5 of them). Not one of them works from my house. WTF am I paying for????

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know why your phones wouldn't work, Brian.
I'm not smart enough to figure that out.
I've always had Android phones, paying Verizon for unlimited data.
Right now I'm on the $65/month plan, but since I've been with them for years, it's actually $55/month because I have the discount.
Using a 2021 Motorola Edge updated to 13.
Possibly the best phone I've ever owned.

Last edited:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know why your phones wouldn't work, Brian.
I'm not smart enough to figure that out.
I've always had Android phones, paying Verizon for unlimited data.
Right now I'm on the $65/month plan, but since I've been with them for years, it's actually $55/month because I have the discount.
Using a 2021 Motorola Edge updated to 13.
Possibly the best phone I've ever owned.
They don't work because I live in a rural valley and they won't put an antenna anywhere near us because of the low population and usage. :(
Don't know if a "family" plan is available to you but Verizon gives us a pretty nice rate (although I still puke but the Mrs. pays it out of her pocket). 5 phones, a hot-spot I-pad and all the taxes and other fee's for around $170/month. That's around $30/device. I "heard" that you should go into the store and negotiate every few years. Something you may consider.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
They don't work because I live in a rural valley and they won't put an antenna anywhere near us because of the low population and usage. :(
Don't know if a "family" plan is available to you but Verizon gives us a pretty nice rate (although I still puke but the Mrs. pays it out of her pocket). 5 phones, a hot-spot I-pad and all the taxes and other fee's for around $170/month. That's around $30/device. I "heard" that you should go into the store and negotiate every few years. Something you may consider.
What I'm charged monthly is doable.
We had a new tower placed outside of where I live last year, so that caused a few issues for some.
That's probably why whenever I log into social media (that place) it tells me several times, you've logged in from ______ ... A little while ago it said Fostoria, Ohio .
I'm thinking whatever area you are near to that has the most strength, that's where your connection comes from as the strongest signal?