• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Track advice needed for Polaris Rzr

PJL

I have a 2012 RZR 800 4 seat. Just acquired a set of donated tracks for it. Except they are Can-Am Apache LT tracks. From what I can learn by Google the Polaris and Can-Am have a different bolt spacing and the wheels don't interchange. Which of course means the tracks won't bolt up. I can get adapters to mate up different wheel sizes. Any thoughts on using wheel adapters with tracks?

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I have a 2012 RZR 800 4 seat. Just acquired a set of donated tracks for it. Except they are Can-Am Apache LT tracks. From what I can learn by Google the Polaris and Can-Am have a different bolt spacing and the wheels don't interchange. Which of course means the tracks won't bolt up. I can get adapters to mate up different wheel sizes. Any thoughts on using wheel adapters with tracks?
Just went thru that scenario putting tracks on a mini truck. Wheel adapters are what you need, the answer is eBay, calipers that that read mm and a couple hundred bucks :cool:

PJL

Yeah the over rotation is a problem. Thanks for the info. I can get the wheel adapters.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
These should work. I believe all the Polaris quads have the same 4 x 110 bolt pattern

Screenshot_20201211-191359_eBay.jpg

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Our SAR team just did this with camoplast tracks, $350 for the right hubs, and the right brackets for the anti-rotation. I would check into the kit before you spend money on adapters and modification. I doubt Can-Am makes their own tracks, if you can figure out who makes them. I would bet you'll be able to get a kit.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Come to think of it, that's what we took the tracks off of. Let me see if the old parts are still around.

PJL

Soucy makes the tracks. They also make Kimpex tracks that can be fit onto Polaris. I found a company that makes a 156mm-137mm adapter. Ours have 10 mm studs which are less common. I have the adapters in hand now. ATVtracks.net is shipping us the mounts for the Polaris. Hopefully it all goes together. I'll post up some pics once it's done.

What parts do you have?

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry about that I did check, there for camoplast utv for a 2012 rzrS. It is not a four-seater. They probably won't do you any good. Sorry

PJL

Thanks for checking. I expect the kits should be here in a week. It's snowing hard this week in the mountains. Hope to get the RZR tracked up and out for some rides soon. Already had the snowcat out.

PJL

Pretty much done. Usadapters.com provided the 156-137 mm plates with the 10mm studs. The rear was an easy bolt on. I had to add some spacers inside the Heim joints as the Polaris is 10mm and the CanAm is 12.

The fronts were a little trickier. The CanAm steering limiter is quite different from the Polaris. I drilled a new hole in the plate and countersunk it as the top needed to be flush to avoid interference with the control arm.
Added a spacer inside the Heim joint.

I did learn something. Metric and SAE countersinks use a different angle. My local hardware store only had the SAE version bit. So the bolt for the limiter is SAE. Everything else is metric.

Hoping to get it out on the snow soon.

Attachments

• IMG_4513.JPG
    IMG_4513.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_4514.JPG
    IMG_4514.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_4515.JPG
    IMG_4515.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 202
  • IMG_4516.JPG
    IMG_4516.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 197
  • IMG_4517.JPG
    IMG_4517.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 205

PJL

Got it done and took it out on some hard packed rutted crusty snow. The tracks were awesome. What was not awesome was no power steering. I ordered the EZ Steer kit from Super Atv. They shipped it right away. Yesterday I installed it. Took about 3 hours. Tested it today on the same nasty road. It was like night and day. One handed steering instead of hanging on for dear life. Worth every penny.

Attachments

• IMG_4524.JPG
    IMG_4524.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 181

PJL

Today I took it on a long ride and discovered this while cleaning off the mud. Right rear lower control bolt hitting the engine case. Looks like it had been rubbing awhile. I cut it off flush with a Sawzall. RZR is a 2012 800 in case anyone else has one of these.

Attachments

• IMG_4554.JPG
    IMG_4554.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 187
  • IMG_4555.JPG
    IMG_4555.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 188