• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thought I'd join in! (1957 Snow Trac)

Gasman

I have been looking for a site to share ideas, pics & data on the old Snow Trac my dad has. Found this site a couple of months ago but never signed in. I am currently working/negotiating/(begging) with my wife about buying the old Trac as my Dad just recently passed and Mom has no use for it. It's a 1957 model that Dad got back in 1966. It's been in the family for 40 years now. I got it operating two years ago but it still needs work. I hope I can count on help in here. (I'm sure I can based on everything I've seen!)

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Re: Thought I'd join in!

Welcome Gasman, post here as much as you like. The guys will love hearing other peoples advice.

murph

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Thought I'd join in!

Gasman said:
It's a 1957 model that Dad got back in 1966.
WOW that would make it one of the oldest Snow Tracs in the world and certainly the oldest owned by anyone on this website. :a1:

If the production numbers I've found and posted here on the ForumsForums are even close to correct, there were only 4 Snow Tracs produced in 1957. Here is a link to a thread showing serial numbers & annual production numbers. There are some prototypes I've heard of that date back earlier than '57 but I don't know if any of them still exist.

It is possible you have the oldest production Snow Trac in the world that still runs. :weneedpic