• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Things you're glad have gone away

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll start with the carburetor, points and condenser.
List anything.

Reactions: Doc

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Bias ply tires, drum brakes, points, condenser, carburetors, watches, calculators. Encyclopedias, CRTs, asphalt siding, cast iron plumbing, galvanized plumbing, corded power tools, transistor radios, Gearbox steering, returnable glass bottles, top pour ketchup bottles, my bad "freinds", my 1986 brown Nissan Sentra.
I could go on for hours.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Well, this goes a long way back to WW2 days. I dont miss having black out nights when no one could have lights on in their house, having to put anything made of iron in front of the house so it could be picked up and made into war products, watching B17s fly over preparing to land and the pilots didnt use carb heat so they backfired and blew flames out the exhaust, shopping with stamp ration books for groceries, vulcanized rubber tires and tubes. Kinda glad it is over and hope it never returns.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
While unloading the truck today...
I don't miss the weak cables that were used for truck tailgates. The ones that would or may break if two adults sat on the tailgate.