• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The cabin remodel

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like quite the adventure. Gotta love sharkbite fittings for quick plumbing fixes. That d7 will sure be handy for you.
Next trip I need to run the dozer down the driveway, the manzanita has come back with a vengeance even growing on the driveway. The last couple of winters have taken there toll as well after the ground cover burned up. The ground cover has now grown back a lot, so the erosion of the driveway should slow down as well. Im on the final stretch on the inside of the cabin, if I had some time I could finish it rather quickly now, but real work is still kicking my ass. I got another year and a half before I have my life to myself.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
So Friday I went to the cabin, left home at 6am got there at 11am, the trip was to clean up the driveway and winterize the cabin.
The old D7 pony started so easily it surprised me, I pulled the choke turned the gas on and primed the carburetor with gas. I was rolling it to a compression stroke with the crank to give it a good pull, while rolling it over it just started, the main engine always starts easily after getting the pony to fire. I warmed it up some then started up the driveway, in total is about a 1/4 mile. I intended to film all the fun I was having and put my phone on the seat next to me as I need both hands and both feet to drive it. I got it going straight and went to get the phone and it was gone. I stopped the dozer and pulled the seat figuring I slid under, nope. The whole floor on it has deck plates except the far left side there is a gap the has a 4"x 4" gap that it right over the left track, right ahead of where I put the phone on the seat. I looked all over and couldn't find it so I just kept plowing with the cat, its part of the driveway now. Friday the 13th WTF. I did have a bunch of fun though. I had some pretty good sized down trees near the property line between me and the neighbor about 24" diameter, the old Cat made mincemeat out of them, I didn't do a perfect job but all the Manzenita that was clogging the driveway and most of the bumps, dips and washout was fixed with one pass, it hadn't been cleaned up for likely more than 10 years. I came home Saturday and spent a few hours at Verizon getting a new phone today. While pushing the trees out of the way, it gave me an idea how to get rid of the dead trees from the fire that are now falling down. It seems that there are some severely burned and areas that are not. My plan is to knock the trees down with the Dozer then plow them up into piles out in the open, then while there is snow up there, likely late winter or spring, I will burn it off. Thats a next year project.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
1697229288_SYFW7292.JPG

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Today I was able to get the APP on my new phone for the cabin security camera. This picture was taken about 30 seconds before my phone became part of the mountain, this is about where I put it on the seat. Less than a 100 yards later it was gone. I did have a hell of a lot of fun on that old dozer.