• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tesla commits fraud again

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't believe Tesla was selling cars with autonomous capacity in 2016. The video was to demonstrate the future possibilities of the feature. This is lawyer speak on behalf of a client.

I recall a Winnebago suit where-in the woman driver set cruise control and went back to the galley to make a sandwich. The outcome was predictable to most everyone but her. Hence the current disclaimer about depending on the cruise control to drive the camper and damn near any new car operating manual. It also warns not to drink the water from the battery.

That said, the thread title suggest Tesla has committed fraud before. Can you relate what that was?

Drifli

I don't believe Tesla was selling cars with autonomous capacity in 2016. The video was to demonstrate the future possibilities of the feature. This is lawyer speak on behalf of a client.

I recall a Winnebago suit where-in the woman driver set cruise control and went back to the galley to make a sandwich. The outcome was predictable to most everyone but her. Hence the current disclaimer about depending on the cruise control to drive the camper and damn near any new car operating manual. It also warns not to drink the water from the battery.

That said, the thread title suggest Tesla has committed fraud before. Can you relate what that was?

Last edited:

So do you think it was just a misunderstanding on the consumer’s side or intentional fraud?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
So do you think it was just a misunderstanding on the consumer’s side or intentional fraud?
I think I would call it "fraud" when the court determines guilt. Until them, it is an "accusation."

To some of us,,,; The difference is important.

I think I would call it "fraud" when the court determines guilt. Until them, it is an "accusation."

To some of us,,,; The difference is important.
I mean do you think it’s Tesla’s fault for misleading the consumer, or the consumer’s fault for misunderstanding ?