• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Starlink and dvr?

Kerry

What do Starlink subscribers use for recording movies, etc.? I'd have to turn in my Spectrum recorder. Mahalo.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome

i want to build one but im not ready yet but network storage device and run plex and i have hand brake

heres a vidio on how to do it

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. I was hoping to get a DVR such as I have with Spectrum.
Actually I dont think there is some thing like that there is a wedge thing that go's in the video to a monitor but I dont rember what that name is

What are you streaming or watching it from?
That might be were you can save them youtube has that option as long its available on theit platform

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I record news etc. to watch later.
Then you should be able to watch it on line somewhere .
I personally follow news on youtube because I dislike mainstream media

2 that I trust

and our local ABC channel for local news only

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
From what I understand If you get a spectrum dvr it will only record spectrum content.
I had spectrum dvrs up till last may. I cut the cord.
No more cable TV. I do still have spectrum for my internet. I stream shows with Hulu, Paramount, Netflix and more for much less than spectrum was costing.
Hulu has a internet dvr with one plan. I use that mostly. All over the internet. Maybe that would work for you with starlink.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you can get over the air signal there's
Tablo dual recorder if that helps. You'd still need an antenna to connect to it.