• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Review - DIY Operator cabin for ATV towable backhoe

Metsaman

Attachments

• Suoes2.jpg
    Suoes2.jpg
    585 KB · Views: 49

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very nice job of building the cab!

Keep the snow off of your boots before you get in, as it will end up condensing on the windows!

If you think you can use even more heat off the engine, you might consider installing a duct fan in the heat tube in the can. It is just a small electric motor with a fan inside of at tube you would connect to the heat duct. Suction would pull even more heat in the cab. Does you ground freeze up, or do you get enough snow that it thaws and stays dig able in the winter?? Some times we get enough snow here ground heat thaws the dirt out in the middle of winter..

I have to wonder as well, if you could not find the parts for your engine to make able to charge the battery. I know in some cases the manufacturer offers those parts, but not usually inexpensively however..

Regards, Kirk

Metsaman

Very nice job of building the cab!

Keep the snow off of your boots before you get in, as it will end up condensing on the windows!

If you think you can use even more heat off the engine, you might consider installing a duct fan in the heat tube in the can. It is just a small electric motor with a fan inside of at tube you would connect to the heat duct. Suction would pull even more heat in the cab. Does you ground freeze up, or do you get enough snow that it thaws and stays dig able in the winter?? Some times we get enough snow here ground heat thaws the dirt out in the middle of winter..

I have to wonder as well, if you could not find the parts for your engine to make able to charge the battery. I know in some cases the manufacturer offers those parts, but not usually inexpensively however..

Regards, Kirk

Thank You, that idea on duct fan is very good, I maybe do that in future. :wink:

Here in Finland ground usually freeze up in winter and quite heavily too because winters are here very cold so most cases You can not dig ground this kind backhoe .. but still I need cabin heater when shovel snow with My backhoe also spring and autumn including many cold days when You need heater. .

I have seen model of this engine what have generator and electric start,,, I wondering if this engine some day brakes off I then buy those kind engine for replace...