• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Paid for by the liquor industry

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter

Because you wear a tie or were just marrried gives you a right to drive with liquer in you????
Tell that to the cop that gives you a DUI which is a FELONY now in Illinois!:glare:

urednecku

Site Supporter
I have NEVER had any sypathy for a drunk driver. If you want to kill yourself, go right ahead. But DUI is putting EVERYBODY on the road at risk. If you are DUI and hit my family, I WILL come after you. You better hope the police have you where I can not get to you. There are no excuses. I don't care WHAT you believe, you CAN NOT drive "more careful" if your sorry a$$ is drunk.
Sorry, ya got me on :soapbox: again.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Can't do the time, don't do the crime.

I just wish they did the time. Here, in NM, when you hear about a drunk driver causing a terrible accident, you also hear that he/she had previously been arrested something like 13 times before the accident that finally injured someone. Un-friggin-believable, isn't it?

Since they can't seem to keep the offenders in jail, the government has decided to create DUI 'check points'. These are random road blocks that are suppose to search for drunk drivers. Somehow, the have convinced the sheepish majority that inconvienencing everyone this way is a good idea.

First off, the problem has never been 'finding' the drunk drivers. The ones that are finally involved in accidents have usually already been caught several times before. The problem apparently is keeping them in jail and off the road. Taking their car or installing a 'breathalizer' is no good. They have lots of other cars to borrow/buy.

Second, the police use these 'check points' to check your license, insurance, run your plate, etc. So much for a free society when you no longer have a right to free travel without having to show your 'papers'. All of you who are thinking 'well, isn't it good that they are checking for this other stuff, too?', need to re-read the Constitution and decide if you are really thinking like a true American.

:soapbox:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I just wish they did the time. Here, in NM, when you hear about a drunk driver causing a terrible accident, you also hear that he/she had previously been arrested something like 13 times before the accident that finally injured someone. Un-friggin-believable, isn't it?

I've never been able to understand that either. I have known a couple people who were caught only once (one was my cousin, who wasn't even drinking but got caught with open liquor the other people in the car were drinking), and it was a complete nightmare. Huge lawyer fees, suspended license, "treatment", yadda yadda yadda.

But then like you say, there are stories every day of people with dozens of offenses, and you know they don't have the money to have weaseled out of the charges each time.

Go figure.

urednecku

Site Supporter
i have this link posted on another forum to remind people of the pain and suffering drink driving causes.

VERY GRAPHIC IMAGES

http://www.fnnc.org/drunk-driving.html

I rode with fire/rescue for about 15 years as a volunteer. While I have never personally seen a surviver at this extent, I have seen pain & suffering some-one should NOT have to go thru because of stupidity.

I've never been able to understand that either. I have known a couple people who were caught only once (one was my cousin, who wasn't even drinking but got caught with open liquor the other people in the car were drinking), and it was a complete nightmare. Huge lawyer fees, suspended license, "treatment", yadda yadda yadda.

But then like you say, there are stories every day of people with dozens of offenses, and you know they don't have the money to have weaseled out of the charges each time.

Go figure.

I have known of this, too. People that knew they shouldn't be driving, so they make, in my opinion, the correct decision to sleep a while instead of get on the road. Because they have the key to the car, they "have control" of it & BAM, a DUI.
Others, like ya say, have many DUI's, and are still driving around.