• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Need a new HORN on my motorcycle

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
According to the old Honda advertisements "You meet the nicest people on a Honda"

That may or may not be true but one thing that is true is that Honda seems to have the quietest HORNS in the motorcycle industry.

After much research I ordered a DENALI "SoundBomb Mini" horn, which is somewhat different than their air compressor powered "SoundBomb" horn that requires a dedicated electrical circuit. The "Mini" version is supposed to be a direct replacement, no new circuits required.

Installed the "Mini" and blew out the fuse. Of course that fuse also controls the dash panel. And as luck would have it, I had ZERO spare "mini" blade fuses. Dug around and on the back of the Honda fuse panel cover are 2 spare fuses, neither of which are correct for what I needed, both much high amp. Still, I need a dash so I replaced the 7.5amp factory fuse with a 15 amp fuse because it was that or nothing. Also put the Denali horn back in the box and reinstalled the factory horn.

So in search again.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob why don't you get a La Cucaracha air horn on it, maybe help you meet lots of friends.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I was hoping for a horn that might get the attention of a distracted driver :hammer:

I ended up buying a Denali SoundBomb MINI and installing it.

Shorted out my circuit and blew out the dashboard. Also set of something that caused the "check engine" idiot light to come on too. :shitHitFan:

Got everything put back together and working, after much swearing and only 1 single bloody knuckle.

Sent the horn back for a refund.

Called my local dealer, asked if they had a LOUD easy replacement horn that was a direct fit. They claimed to be able to get just the thing so I ordered 2. Will go pick them up next week. May very well take a 10mm wrench with me and do the swap in the parking lot ... just in case!