• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

NE Journal

olympicorange

……….. great post Dave,... lots of cool information . born & raised in the area, not being a skier, learned a lot from article. I remember sel Hannah as a kid, worked with his daughter on the family farm equipment, on streeter pond rd. still operating, been sold a few times. also the Valars , had a ski shop in town. went to school with daughters , and one is still highly involved in Mittersills operation & expansions. cannon mtn. & mittersill are in the backdrop of many pics from ''Tucker Lake'' . Waterville valley is owned by our governors family today. also, one interesting note of local history, which I expected to be in the article, was a local family ''Holdmann's'' ,..... Katherine , I believe ( grandmother of a buddy of mine),.... went to Europe to learn ''ski school'' tactics. and brought it back to the area, to be the first ski school in the U.S. theres a historical plaque only a mile from town, i'll try to post a pic. i'm sure there's a few links on-line , about that somewhere,... great job,...:thumbup:

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Jeff, Is a great guy .I left the waterville tucker at the new england ski museum a couple years ago for a summer event. I knew a lot of those people when i started working at ski areas back in 1967. Don

olympicorange

...... ahhh , yes... I believe so. and the era of the ''Peckett Hotel'',... Robert just passed in sept. he ran a trucking /equipment business all his life..... helped him with many projects over the last 30 yrs.... he had a lot of great stories..... r.i.p.....