• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Most recent addition...

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Just branded 'Mainer'
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Bringing her home...Mainer Maxey Style.

Attachments

• Th_601_63_N25.jpg
    Th_601_63_N25.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 281

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I did not get whitewalls but I did get happy face headlights with my newest addition.........:smile:

P6270044 (Medium).JPG

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
I will bet the whitewalls made the deal right for you.........:whistling:

:w00t2::w00t2:
It's really funny that you say that because the seller let me know that they're nearly new! Glue still drying on 'em. I'm dropping some dice on the mirror! 8)

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
A close up for ya of them pearly whites. ;)
Look at those backers and grousers.... oooh... :wub:

Attachments

• PearliesTh601_63_N25.jpg
    PearliesTh601_63_N25.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 260

weatherby

Mainer...... come onnn!!!! just TWO pics?..... I need WAY more pics than that and also lots of close ups, and I will need some history:whistling:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
OK... it's like family here...
Youz wants... youz gots!
Lemme get her clean...but for now... she been put away wet!:doh:
History and full photo shoot to follow after I tidy her up a bit... she's limping on leaky master and some other stuff...but all minor flesh wounds.
Her core is still strong and pure! :brows:
She'll be brought back to her shining glory days ... nearly good as new... with time, elbow grease, and 601-passion.

Attachments

• Dirty_Birty_Th601_63_N25.jpg
    Dirty_Birty_Th601_63_N25.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 236
  • Ride_Hard_Back_Wet_Th601_63_N25.jpg
    Ride_Hard_Back_Wet_Th601_63_N25.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 231

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
will reskin the panels in the back as they're a mess... seems has rust in some areas and flooring needs to be replaced ... sounds like brake bands worn down... but still I can deal with that stuff... at least tracks are good condition and engine is sound. I tracked down the local mechanic ... said diff had a grind to it so I'm going to dig into that first as he'd 'done what he could' ... but have a few spare OC-15's if that does indeed turn out to be a major issue... or could just be the R&P rather than the whole diff.... but still warrants the TLC these rigs deserve! :smile:

Attachments

• Bit rusty.jpg
    Bit rusty.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 233
  • skin_bump2.jpg
    skin_bump2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 226
  • Skin_bump.jpg
    Skin_bump.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 219

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
I have to say that a person would think that mechanics would do some amount of research before going in to try to 'fix' something... from what I've seen, if you can get them direct from military it hardly matters how many hours/miles were on them as they were well-maintained but once they hit search & rescue, private ownership, universities... it all turns into a game of russian rulet on how people treated them... but that's part of the restoration game I say! Keeps it fresh! ;)

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Uuuuh... guys? OK, so don't know how many of y'all are parents but when someone's kid is on stage and they suck at tap-dance and fall into the parents in the front row, the proper response is: "Kid has major promise...pent up talent... a little practice and it's Broadway, no doubt!"
So... I realize she's iffy... but... make with some rose-glasses!
"Oh Mainer, the orange that is left is such a nice shade..."
"There you go Mainer, this gives you good reason to use one of those spare OC-15s..."
"Hey, now you can use up some of that nice brake band material Mainer..."
"Hey Mainer, glad to see you're keeping it real and willing to double down on the elbow grease..."
"Wow, now you can start from scratch on that interior Mainer, a blank canvas!"
... ok...that should prime the pump... tap, tap, tap... I'm waiting.... ;)

weatherby

I have to say that a person would think that mechanics would do some amount of research before going in to try to 'fix' something... from what I've seen, if you can get them direct from military it hardly matters how many hours/miles were on them as they were well-maintained but once they hit search & rescue, private ownership, universities... it all turns into a game of russian rulet on how people treated them... but that's part of the restoration game I say! Keeps it fresh! ;)

Yaa..... I would have to agree on that Millitary vs private ownership thing, but I see a diamond in the rough here. Your back panels look like mine did, EXCEPT the bondo on mine was thicker I think:biggrin: Nice pics.:thumb:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Rig to practice on.... so you can do a good one up right. :brows:or you could sell it to a logger somewhere he would think its brand new.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Rig to practice on.... so you can do a good one up right. :brows:or you could sell it to a logger somewhere he would think its brand new.

...a logger who hunts and lives in AK, and just has to cut the rear cabin off to make room for his pickup camper to be bolted on back.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Nice! Now THAT's what I'm talking about guys! :clap::doh: I needed a little something to get me over the edge on this puppy. Did I mention that the door handle is in really, really tip-top shape! :unsure:

I'll snap some pics as she goes for a ride on Maxey.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
...a logger who hunts and lives in AK, and just has to cut the rear cabin off to make room for his pickup camper to be bolted on back.

You know, that's so stinking true I can't get over it... and forgive the Southern slant but...

"Hey ma! Looky what I found in yonder field! It be a six-oooh-wun! Twer sittin right next to gran-pap's still.... we gonna slice that back off real good-like and use it to upgrade the still and then mount 'er right on back so we can go ahead and have us some ho-downs in the swamp-marsh! Then we gonna shoots us some mooses when we're shinin' an if we hits any wonderin' marsh-kin then ... well... serve 'em right good!!! Just be glad to get rid all that cab-scrap metal on back o this here thang! Break out the Stihl jim-bob!"

:biggrin:

mattfidaho

that is truly a find.... good job that is going to make some tucker operator out theres day to pull her out for you! :)

really i would own one if I had time to keep it running ;-) :yum::whistling:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Reviewed her ... only real issue is need of a clutch master... other than that... in great condition... interior was all cleaned up. Diff is tip-top. Tracks are gorgeous. Don't know if y'all remember the Colorado 4T10... lipstick on the ham... that was interesting because the seller was over-stating every 'feature' that turned out to be a defect... then there are the other sellers that are used to things being in 'near-new' Honda quality condition... obviously finding the latter is a far more rewarding experience. This wasn't exactly that... but issues are all cosmetic (except for clutch master). Moth-balled her good till it's her turn in the OR.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Ya know, the more I see and hear about this cat...the more I know what a great 601 I got!!!! Yea me!!! :clap: :w00t2:

So Mainer, what's wrong with the rear of your cat? :whistling:

And what's that brownish-red stuff on the front? Is that rrr...rru...ruu...russst? :doh:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Yah BOB! You got......... Can I barrow your truck and trailer by the way?..........

Hey Mainer that 601 looks great! Well it does have that shitty AIR FORCE BLUE under that great orange paint...........

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Ya know, the more I see and hear about this cat...the more I know what a great 601 I got!!!! Yea me!!! :clap: :w00t2:

So Mainer, what's wrong with the rear of your cat? :whistling:

And what's that brownish-red stuff on the front? Is that rrr...rru...ruu...russst? :doh:

you should know better...

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey Mainer that 601 looks great! Well it does have that shitty AIR FORCE BLUE under that great orange paint...........

Thanks Ops. Yea, she's a dual-toner. ;)
All the core is tip-top on her... diff, engine, and tracks.
I like to put them into two groups...those that are so nice they remain 'as-is' and those that require restoration (ie, this one, Bobcats, etc.). But I like to find them in this condition... oranged over, needs some TLC, etc... cuz then it's just one of those things to just 'do-it up' and you're not wasting money by overpaying for stuff that will be redone to bring it up to 'new'/'as original'.