• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mafia psychology

Gunsrus

"I don't know how to make money, but I do know someone who has a lot of it, so he can share."

This is a direct quote from a friend of mine. We were discussing the reason for the Mafia extortion rackets and he proposed the above idea. What do you think?

Gunsrus

If someone has wealth, they also have a wealth preservation methodology. Sharing is at their discretion. Mess with them at your own risk.
I think this is a more amplified version of our inborn need to protect what we have. Strange that the Mafia wanted to challenge it, knowing the risks involved.

I want to understand the part of my mate's commentary about not knowing how to make money. In theory, how does that frame of mind influence the person to disregard the idea of working for their money in favour of getting it through extortion.