• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Jeep on Camso UTV tracks?

Bennyboy1337

Saw this photo from a local sled Facebook group, ignore the idiot Ford driver getting stuck on a "Tracked Only" road, I noticed this Jeep was running Camso tracks.

I just had to laugh at the idea of putting a 4,000lb+ vehicle on 4 lug tracks designed for a UTV half that weight. I currently have the same tracks on an 88 Samurai which runs about 2,200lbs dry, and I am super conscious about carrying extra weight or pushing them too hard, I can't imagine how it would handle if I had an additional 2,000lbs on top of what I already have.

This Jeep has to be shredding the trail and creating ruts everywhere he goes........ if anyone finds this post on the internet and it thinking about doing the same thing...... don't. Instead buy a set of Domniator tracks which have nearly twice the surface area and bearings that can handle the weight.

Attachments

• 272291340_4459704444155459_6971459630005793282_n.jpg
    272291340_4459704444155459_6971459630005793282_n.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 301

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Looked but didn't find a price. I think you have to contact them. They were just available since mid year 22 (the last couple months) their lit says.

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
That is a s#!t ton of leverage off the ends that jeep axle was never designed for
As well as other components. Brings to mind several people that I know who have tracks on RZR 1000s. Seems they always have something breaking. That being what it is, if one can accept the cost/benefit trade offs, like SAR or tower crews do with tracked SxS presently, the advantages and/or cool factor might be worthwhile.

Bennyboy1337

That is a s#!t ton of leverage off the ends that jeep axle was never designed for
My thoughts precisely, I really feel like you need 1 ton axles for those, but then you're just adding more weight to the vehicle, and you need to beef up other drivetrain component for the handle all the potential torque you'll be applying to move those giant things, to what end?

Travler

GOLD Site Supporter
I have tracks on my Can Am Defender they work pretty good until you have about a foot then it time for the Snowcat

Travler

GOLD Site Supporter
the engine is stock for that model, I bought it in 2020 , it has about 3200 miles on it now , it’s been a good peace for us

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Tracks really sap the power.
My grizzly feels reasonably peppy on tires...when I put the tracks on it i sometimes wish for more power.
Cabin is 5 miles off grid, I go around 10 mph, there is always down trees, drifts , tight spots, ice etc. to deal with going up there in the winter. The van has HI-LO transfer case so I'm in LO range turning 4000 rpm's to keep the power up. The road is narrow, steep and not maintained. Thats all I use it for and more interested in getting there than getting there fast. For what it is I am very happy with it. The snow up there gets pretty deep at times but is Sierra cement. Its always wet and heavy then hardens up.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Put Casmo 4S1 tracks on my RZR XP4 Pro. Added an enclosure and heater. Runs great. I pushed it through over 18” of snow. Cab is nice and warm. Highly recommended.View attachment 161431
I had Camso's on a mini truck and would still be running them if the truck didn't burn up in a forest fire a couple years ago. When I built the van I went with the Mattracks EZ UTV. The design puts them more directly under the Van instead of cantilevered out both ends. I believe that helps in deeper snow and drifts and not so likely to high center, plus the square inches of the tracks add up to quite a bit more floatation. Never had any trouble from the Camso's though and even used them in the summer up there, I also like the anti rotation brackets better on the Camso's

PJL

What year is the RZR and where did you get the doors? I have a 2012 RZR with modified CanAm tracks on it.

Bennyboy1337

Figured this would be relevant to the discussion :D Then gentlemen over at Grind Hard Plumbing like to throw tracks on things.

1676339510747.png

1676339545681.png