• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

IEA: Global Nuclear Capacity Needs to Double to meet Net-Zero Goals

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The one good thing that may come out of the government created natural gas and oil shortage is that nations are now looking at the stark reality of power outages because "renewables" are not up to the task of providing as much power as required, when it is required, where it is required.

France has recommitted to Nuclear energy. Meanwhile the Pallasaids Nuclear facility in southwest Michigan just went off-line, earlier than planned, despite the fact that politicians on both sides of the aisle in Michigan wanted to extend its license.

ZeroHedge has been covering the IEA as it has been issuing truth bombs to the world while the world ignores them.

IEA: Global Nuclear Capacity Needs To Double To Meet Net-Zero Goals

• The IEA is calling for the world to boost nuclear capacity.
  • The agency says global nuclear capacity needs to double over the next three decades to reach net-zero goals.
  • An IEA official also noted that the energy crisis has presented a unique opportunity for a nuclear revival.
Nuclear power capacity needs to double worldwide over the next three decades to reach net-zero carbon emissions targets to ensure energy independence, argued the International Energy Agency (IEA).
The Paris-based group’s executive director Fatih Birol outlined that nuclear has a unique opportunity for a revival in the context of the global energy crisis, skyrocketing fossil fuel prices, energy security challenges, and climate commitments.
However, he suggested this was not guaranteed, and instead depended on government policy geared toward greater expansion.
Birol said: “It will depend on governments putting in place robust policies to ensure safe and sustainable operation of nuclear plants for years to come.”
In the group’s latest report, Nuclear Power and Secure Energy Transitions, the IEA revealed nuclear power has to be significantly ramped up to meet the twin aims of supply security and net zero carbon emissions.
It has warned that to reach net-zero emissions, nuclear power capacity has to increase to 812 gigawatts (GW) by 2050 from its current 413 GW total.
While advanced economies operate nearly 70 percent of global nuclear capacity, the IEA noted nuclear fleets across the West were aging. . .
The IEA calculates that around 260 GW, or 63 percent, of nuclear plants in the world, are currently over 30 years old . . .
In the 2030s, annual additions of nuclear power capacity needed to reach 27 GW just to offset closed-down power plants – which could shrink by a third over the coming decade in developed economies.
For context, the UK’s ‘big new’ bet on nuclear, which represents a historic boost in nuclear power generation, is an increase from 7GW to 24GW over the next three decades. . .

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I have worked nukes all over the northeast and they were without a doubt the safest and best run projects I was ever associated with in my 40 years in the electrical trade. Only once did I get an abnormal dose of gamma radiation or zoomies. It was caused by a misplaced lead blanket while the control rods where being removed from the vessel. My alarming dosimetry went off along with some others present. The dosimetry indicated I had received in essence two weeks worth of zoomies in one incident. I was now assigned to a NRA. (Non radiation area) for a month. I was fine, I still am. If its really really dark and you look really really hard you can see a slight glow around me. Other than that, nada. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Of course, shortly after that the leftists won and got the plant, a 640 Mw source of renewable base load energy off line for good. Very sad all the way around. All based on lies and half truths at best. It is what the Groomers do. Lose the argument on its merits so win it by deception and coercion.

power1

We will not really need that much electricity in the future. The only people who will have electricity is the politicians, the ruling class.
All of the peons will have no need for electricity.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We will not really need that much electricity in the future. The only people who will have electricity is the politicians, the ruling class.
All of the peons will have no need for electricity.
They don't think we need heat, food or other property either.