• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I dusted off my guitar

Wee Willy

Man I hated getting old and feeling pains but I was dying to strap on my guitar so I thought WTH, if I can't do it put 'em back. That was yesterday and I had fun, actually it felt good. I remembered some songs I haven't played for a long time, so much for CRS.

My nephew came home while I was in the middle of a song and waited til I finished so he can ask me where's the drums coming from. From my drum machine, gotta have some beats to play to and went back to playing.

Then my friend came knocking on my door yelling hey Willy ya jammin man? Ain't heard you for a long time. I guess it was time to take a break.

Can't wait to play again. It really felt good. :clap:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Jamming is a great stress relief for me. Sometimes I'll close my eyes when playing and its just me and the music.

Wee Willy

Damn, I'm stupid, brain fart really. :hammer:

I decided to try some jammin today and went set up my rig. Strapped on my guitar, plugged it in the amp and nothing, no sound. WTH? I reset my jam box, turned the amp off for a minute and turned it back on.

Still no sound. WTF?

I looked in the back of my amp and saw my stupidity, I plugged both ends of the cable to the speaker cab. Yikes, i flipped the switch off on my amp head and prayed that I didn't blow the output transformer, by the way it's a tube amp.

Luckily it was ok, whew! Pretty tough amp and I bought it because it's over-built so it paid off. It's a Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack and it may be made by Crate but it boasted heavy duty stuff in it. I also have NOS tubes in it and well worth the money I put into it.

I played a few tunes and that was it. Not in the mood.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
congrats! play on! why be bored, i say-- my new-Dad is in his 50's, & he & his pals jam & have a few cold ones. they got me sincerely invested in a guitar & music was in my life since i was born-- my name is via a bread song.
i get ur adoration of music.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
My playing style varies depending on the mood. Somedays, I don't feel like playing. Other days I'll pick it up and play for an hour nonstop. Same goes with singing. Somedays I just don't have it in me and other days it just comes out. I've been jamming quite a bit on my 12 string lately. I wouldn't recommend spending too much time playing the 12 string non stop unless you play the 6 string regularly. Took a few months to build up good calluses on the fingertips playing the 6 string. Now the 12 is a breeze. Such a sweet acoustic sound too. Think I'll be playing the 12 onstage this week for the first time. Will be a good blend with two other guitars playing.

1_Full_Straight_Front_NA-cdf0d0184fc10bc6c26769cb44dd6e50.jpg

Wee Willy

I put my Carvin guitar up for sale. Don't worry I still have this one.

It's a handmade and plays very well so I'm keeping it. :biggrin:

I'm trying to put some money together so I can get an AR15 carbine.

Wee Willy

Doesn't look like my Carvin's gonna sell but it's no biggie. I got a deal going with my local range on a S&W M&P 15 Sport 5.56 cal carbine. I sold them my HP 40 cal carbine and my Sigma 9mm plus $300 cash to put in layaway. I only owe them $138 so next month it's mine. :biggrin:

I'm going to leave the ad in and see if I get any bite.