• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

From trash to gourme food

Andrei

Banned
A simple plan to produce high quality organic food from trash.
1 . First step is to transform trash into high protein food and that is done best thru earth worms. So few plastic containers, preferably disposed and recycled could be started into earth worm farms with ease. Place containers in the shade and put 1 inch of soil and the rest all organic trash you have, waste paper, cardboard, leaves of all kind, grass cuttings, fruits and peals, vegetable and waste food, cotton clothing, eggshells and meat left over’s, etc. Add a handful of worms and preferable night crawlers being large and consuming large quantity of trash. Water lightly and place a lid but make sure there is some air circulation. Worms will double in qty every 3 months in good conditions. Keep adding your trash as it is consumed and verify there is enough humidity. One worm ca eat as much as 10 – 15 lbs per yr and produces castings that have a very high nutritional value for plants. It is preferable to have multiple bins so you can have them at different stages of development and harvest. After 6 months or more you can harvest some of the worms just before feeding them. The harvested ones you can use to start new bins and process them into human food.

2. Chickens/ducks/quail are the best suited to process earthworks into eggs and meat in a small scale city dwelling environment. So you can start with small chicks and have fun watching them fight for the fresh worms and grow very fast. Hens will produce larger eggs and richer in proteins due to the earthworms and the young roosters make a fantastic soup.

3. Fish is the second way to transform earthworms into human food. Tilapia or trout will gladly consume them and grow really fast.

4. When the plastic container gets pretty full with high quality castings you can separate them from the worms and use it in your garden as high strength fertilizer or in your pots. It is very rich in nitrogen and minerals and you will see clear differences in the plant growth. You can use it directly or just mix with water (50/50) to dilute it and water the soil around the plants.
This is a 100% natural process and it takes time to complete it’s cycle but once started you will have the satisfaction of knowing that your trash is not becoming a polluter but a part of the natural personal circle of life.

Last edited:

stuartgweston

Hey Anderi I truly appreciate your plan to remove worms from the grains. Yet I believe that it's somewhat a lengthy process. My dad even loves farming and grows in our backyard. However, I've seen him spreading seeds with a sort of liquid that he achieved from a pest exterminator NYC and hardly get any worm in the grains during cutting.

Andrei

Banned
But I am not removing worms from grains.
All I am doing is transforming trash into useable protein.
Yes, it is a natural process and has it's own time cycle.
They can consume half of their body weight in one day and if all is right can produce 5 - 10 lbs per day but I am not there.
I still have more trash then worms to consume it.
I read somewhere that military service people are feed earth worm powder as a protein supplement.