• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fill-Rite Hand Crank Locking

joeyandcan

I have a Fill Rite Rotary Hand Pump model FR112. After installing the pump, it worked great. A couple weeks later I couldn’t turn the hand crank. I took the pump off my tank, reinstalled and it worked. A couple weeks later, again, it wouldn’t turn. What is causing this to lock up?

Thank you

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry, but mine is a 12V so really can't give specific help.
Do you have a vent on your tank? It sounds like it may be encountering some sort of vacuum.
I can say that Fill Rite has great customer service. They had a rep that was on this site for awhile but hasn't been around lately (and I can't find the user name).
I'd get in contact with them and see if they can provide an answer.

J5 Bombardier

Suction tube is touching the bottom of the tank ? , usually they are angled or is there a check valve at the suction that could be sticking .

Last edited:

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
What are you pumping with it?

If its gasoline it might be lubrication or corrosion issue expecally with ethonal fuel sucking up moisture affecting the aluminim or vanes.
Is the vent hole on threaded adaptor open it might be on base of pump also try taking the other bung on drum off or loose see if its still an issue.

joeyandcan

I have a vented cap, and tried it with the cap off. I am pumping unleaded gas (87). I also added fuel stabilizer to the tank. I don’t think my tube is touching the bottom of the tank. I will check for corrosion.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Is this a new or used pump?

This is from Fill-Rite's web page.
Q: FR112 , it's brand new and crank won't turn either way, came with no instructions, does it have internal lock or something ?

Answers (1)

Fill-Rite Company
01/27/21

A: Please contact us at (800) 634-2695 to better diagnose your problem.

joeyandcan

Thank you! I tried emailing Fill-Rite through their website contact and got a case number but no response. I’ll try the 800 number. Thanks again!