• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

case 850D mechanics input needed

Sampson

the dozer just stopped pulling all at once. Everything was working great, shifted from forward to reverse then back to forward its like its in neutral. Transmission pressure guage is normal. The high low selector is engaged in low. All linkages are intact. Oil in transmission clean and full. Any help would be appreciated.

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
It's been about 25 years since I sold my 850 case trac loader, but isn't there a short drive shaft in between the torque converter and the main (mechanical) transmission ??

Sampson

Yes there is. I found the problem with mine. The center spool in the modulater valve was stuck. I disassembled the valve cleaned it up and polished the bore and the spool with 2000 grit paper. I ran it about an hour and a half yesterday after reassembly and it did fine. The weather is getting bad now. Snow tonite. Thanks you for your attention and your input.

tonkeeparts

1. Clutch or Torque Converter Problems: Check if the clutch or torque converter is malfunctioning. If they fail to engage properly, it can result in a loss of power to the transmission.
  2. Transmission Pump: The transmission pump may have failed, reducing hydraulic pressure to the transmission, causing it to disengage.
  3. Internal Transmission Issues: Inside the transmission, there could be problems with gears, clutches, or bearings. An inspection by a qualified technician is necessary.
  4. Valve or Solenoid Issues: Problems with transmission control valves or solenoids can disrupt the flow of hydraulic fluid.
  5. Linkage or Control Problems: Double-check all linkages, cables, and controls for proper adjustment and function.