• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombi at Reinland auction

Snowcat Pat

Here is another orange and black for your investment portfolio
1630681824655.png

-Pat.

Last edited:

Solrus

hmm in-person auction only?
Yes, in person and only to ID residents. They dont have key and title, no idea on hours. Since no title they are afraid of IRS going after their dealer license , so they did vin inspection and hoping to bypass law by selling to ID residents and collect taxes on it. I spoke to Boise IRS dept and they advise that its still against the law for the dealer to sell without title in ID. It might sell for sweat price since no many buyers there.

Snowcat Pat

To set the record straight, a call put to Reinland revealed that the "the guy that called from Great Falls, MT was asking about the Arctic Cat snowmobile which does not have a key or a title".
The Bombi does indeed have a key and no snowcat I have purchased ever had a title.
Just FYI
-Pat

Solrus

From the the source who called :) : I called from Great Falls, but inquired about Bombi, I spoke to Spokane office and was told that no key present at this point and they are waiting to hear from the power company in Wyoming to locate it. Yes most cats has not titles but I did not hear that this will prevent any dealer to sell it only to the state residents . So I called Boise tax office to clarify on the info that Spokane auction office told me and was told that a dealer could not sell it without title , their number is 208-387-2847 . But the auction rep said that it possible only to locals with vin inspection and some form as addendum.

The best way is to call and confirm if doubts, the sure thing that the bidding on this item allowed only for ID residents and in person, no internet or phone bidding. The rest irrelevant since they are planning to auction it anyway.

Last edited:

Solrus

To set the record straight, a call put to Reinland revealed that the "the guy that called from Great Falls, MT was asking about the Arctic Cat snowmobile which does not have a key or a title".
The Bombi does indeed have a key and no snowcat I have purchased ever had a title.
Just FYI
-Pat
Pat do you know by change how many hours on it?

Snowcat Pat

Two more conversations with Reinland revealed that;
-No title is required.
-Anyone from anywhere can bid on it.
-It has a key.
-It starts right up.
-The hours are unknown.

Reinland, 208-457-9611 or 509-435-2368

FYI, in Idaho the word Snocat or Snowcat usually means snowmobile. I always have to clarify when talking 'cats to locals. Our machines are referred to as groomers, or sometimes track rigs, snow buggy, trackster etc.

My family and I have done much biz with Reinland over the last forty years.

-Pat

Solrus

Thank you very much Pat for the clarification, I used their description (Bombardier Sno Cat)
and still the lady got confused , I guess. I should help someone who can make it there.

Ive made plan already too and need to prep another machine for elk hunting. and it still warm in MT to take kids on the boat

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
I own six snowcats and live in Idaho, none of them have titles. Two are currently registered with the state (the other 4 will be eventually when restored and operational). The snowcats are registered as snow machines. No title is required if they weigh OVER 2000 lbs, but is required if they weight UNDER 2000 lb. Since my Kitten is just under 2000 lbs the gross weight, which is over 2000 lbs was used. Each time I register one of my snowcats it is about an hour at the DMV as they have to call the head office in Boise each time because the locals do not know the laws/statues/regulations since I am one of very few who actually registers a snowcat in my community. I have even taken the requirement documents into the DMV (with the specific requirements highlighted) so they can read them or at least have the statute numbers to reference. When I register I have to provide a bill of sale showing the purchase price so they can collect the taxes, then I purchase a snowmobile sticker (registration is required to purchase the snowmobile sticker). At least this is my experience, others may have different experiences here in Idaho. One problem is the statutes/laws are written for snowmobiles and OHVs, not specific to over snow vehicles (other than snowmobiles). there was some legislation a few years ago to change some of the wording to something like Over Snow Vehicle but that never went anywhere. Well at least this should be 90% correct as I can remember it, it has been a few years since I looked into all these details.

Solrus

Title was not issue for me, I think the person I spoke had snowmobile on her mind and she was talking about titling and restrictions that will be for sale on it, but Pat was able to get the right item :) to her attention and all clear now , about the sale.

They would only charge 4% sale tax regardless of residency or where the cat goes to.

Same in MT, I registered Argo Centaur couple years ago, and local office had no clue and I think most of all desire to register it so I was sent to Helena office that did all of it by mail.

modifier

Just FYI
-Pat
I just bought one with no title. It's an offroad vehicle like a tractor, so it should not need a tile in most states. I don't title woods race motorcycles either.

For what it’s worth! I own two snow cats that I run into Idaho for access to the highway. For simplicity I got Montana titles for them that list them as snowmobiles, that way I can get Idaho Out of State snowmobile registration for them ($38.00) rather than $100.00 ticket for unlicensed machine and then spend $38.00 for registration.