• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Blow by 2006 Freightliner columbia 14L

dontpanic

Hi, I have a 2006 Freightliner Columbia 14L detroit diesel series 60 engine model : 6067HV6E. It has EGR but it is shutdown. Since I purchased it i have a problem with engine blowby and it burns about a gallon of motor oil a day. 5 years ago i did a complete engine overhaul. I exchanged all seals and gaskets, the pistons, injectors, caps, valve job, reface head and a installed a new turbo also. Now i have the same problem again. The same blowby and burns a gallon of motor oil a day. And now it send pressure in the watertank. I don't have water in the motoroil. I have also 2 other columbia 12.7L and they work perfect. One has EGR shutdown and the has no EGR. Only the 14L has problems. Do you know what the problem is and how can i resolve it?