• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleamailman

"...me, I am trying to have "thoughts a plenty" but failing that I suppose I'll try to think of something, but if I can't think up even something, then I'll just go through my day on autopilot I guess..." confided the goblin while then adding something much like an afterthought here perhaps "...and besides too, whoever said that life is for the living was sold on mere experience of it in my view, for surely this life is also what one gains out of one's experiences then, after all, what's the point of having any experience, good or bad, if it is simply forgotten afterwards as one moves on to the next experience...", which was about when one of the goblin's ghosts just smiled back at that point, remarking sarcastically "...ah, but you do know that none of your petty afterthought conjectures will ever change us now goblin, any more than it could change what happened at that time either, so you're welcome to spar with your past my friend, only that you're lashing out at a shadow that you can't actually touch there goblin...", whereupon the goblin, looking back finally replied"...agreed, but if all this turns into you ghosts as you point out, then how else is one ever going to know which ghosts one is beckoning still, other than by figuring out which ones one has met to date..."

gustofwind-1.jpg

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
preparing to have my daughter and granddaughter move home,sadly her new life up north was not as she had hoped,up north loss is my gain as i miss them so much.

If all goes to plan they will be here in the next few hours.

Leilani Rose is my angel....

Attachments

• DSC_0062.jpg
    DSC_0062.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
What a sweetheart! We know what gramps will be doing from now on. Spoiling her rotten..:clap::clap::clap:

SShepherd

so, I'm taking pics and getting to run a charity auction item that I made to raise money for the Brian Terry foundation.
For those of you on face book, this is the charity;
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Treks-Trek-2000-Miles-for-the-Brian-Terry-Foundation/1463907210527621

no I have to take some good pics, but this is what I made for it
20140924_163539.jpg

I tried a number of new things, but the important details are that the blade is made from a 3 layer laminate forge welded together. The outside 2 layers are made from the barrel of a gau-8 Avenger (30mm cannon)
Details are here;
https://www.facebook.com/ShepherdKnives

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
spent my early afternoon on my phone, arranging appointments. my doctor needs me to see her to discuss results of a recent biopsy. great!

then my feeding tube ppl rang. i got mail saying i was denied enteral formula; then got 1 saying i was re-approved, & clarified that. headaches. bleeping f-ing headache. i inventoried & gave them an estimate of items due. then my friend called & says, he's @ our 1 drinking place, & could i meet him. sigh. then my home nurses were ringing me. these phones're being placed in another room. where i cannot hear them.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
to a bar after i find someone to pull my enteral stuff indoors-was placed on my porch. there's a few guys that'll be working fer a few nearby- i'll recruit them.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
bartender is on her way here. she's bringing me jager once she shops fer her own alcohol- i luv my jager. nom.

fleamailman

the goblin had watched the old fart take his evening pill and was thinking it all so reminiscent of peter pan observing wendy and promising himself that he would never ever be that real life where those side effects seemed callous to the extreme, with that constant sick feeling within by a poison that robbed peter to pay paul in curring one ill be creating yet another ill in its place, that line old age is a shipwreck sprang to mind here, laughing "...hell no, not me then, not this me here now, naah I'll go onwards and I'm going to be a goblin to the last if not beyond too, for writing is a journey to self if ever there was one...", whereupon the goblin thought back to another line the inner world forms while the outer would crumbles away while outside the bistro though as if to underline his sentiment here the day was ever so blusterous dressed in those late autumn colors and so very beautiful in its passing, smiling "...if ours is to witness then witness I must then for I would hate to reach journeys end without those posts to mark the way here..."

582e05d3b611d9773bda3e3b368836e1.jpg

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Jager!!!! :eek: :beer: :clap: :clap:

sipping slowly. i so luv that beverage- somehow makes me relaxed, yet not drunk. i'll send a virtual one to u. wait until i remember where my telly-phone is, & how to send pix. (that is a normal deal w/ me). TY, calvin klein, fer designing that coat that zips @ its pockets.
u rock. i found my cell.

here, doc! a virtual drink. & i put a pic of me & 1 of my drinkin' pals on, too. we're so posing to take that pic. he is a great 'ol person that luvs cookin'. i ought introduce him to us.

Attachments

• mybelovedpal.jpg
    mybelovedpal.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 71
  • me&mypal.jpg
    me&mypal.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 70

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Skim-coated the walls in a bathroom this morning, after the customer removed their wallpaper...and big chunks of wallboard along with it. I can't remember a worse removal job than this one. They must have been into the Jager with luvs. :brows: Going to be an expensive salvage job, since I put almost an entire 5-gallon bucket of mud on the walls. Hopefully it will be ready for sanding tomorrow.

After lunch Im going to stipple the ceiling patch I made in the downstairs hallway, where the customer (same one) slipped on a floor joist and came through the ceiling while replacing some rotted flooring. His wife has banned him from the bathroom job, because his "help" is costing them big bucks.:yum:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
joe! impolite:wink:.
so, my day's changed. kinda. my nurse rang me. he makes me ingest food that they comp. he's my pal & we agreed that he is allowed to make me get food. if he takes me to get new glasses, i'll ingest a lunch. i've yet to inform him-- wait, he rang me. he is here & i'm not yet ready to leave.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
joe! impolite:wink:.
so, my day's changed. kinda. my nurse rang me. he makes me ingest food that they comp. he's my pal & we agreed that he is allowed to make me get food. if he takes me to get new glasses, i'll ingest a lunch. i've yet to inform him-- wait, he rang me. he is here & i'm not yet ready to leave.
Why would you say I'm impolite? Consumption of alcohol diminishes coordination and basic motor skills, and the effect of that is diminished ability to do basic jobs at a high level. Ergo, you end up with a second or third rate job instead of a #1 job, and somebody like me has to repair the damage. Indisputable, not impolite. Your sentences are a bit fragmented today.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Have to chase around the junkyards today for a new window for my pickup. The metal channel the rollers run in has rusted away. Damn road salt did it in. Will be hard to find one in good condition.:hammer:

fleamailman

("...no extra points for guessing what I've been doing today..." went the goblin wondering why the captain would let him live in squaller)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZWLD9Njg3Q

the goblin felt it best of explain now, saying "...well of course the below is a stress test, where one first looks at the picture whereupon one closes one's eyes and counts to ten before one reopens them anew, and if one can still see shoes, shopping, household pets, and clothes that somehow seem whiter than white even, then rest assured you are still your normal housewife self where the kingdom of housework awaits yet, whereas if it all somehow goes blanc save for some squeaky voice that seems to be going "naah, oh no you can't humans MYAHAHAHAHA" in the back of your mind, then I fear you've got whatever it is very bad indeed, and that you might never be normal again..."

220356d1412224357-quick-test-you-can-ignore-me-testfile_hallowforum.png

fleamailman

funny day today, feels the goblin, who has bought his coffee in a new coffeeroom, and although the music is nice, the wifi works, and the coffee itself isn't bad for its price, this once empty bistro has slowly filled up with women, not a bad thing in itself but each woman had short hair, jeans and a jumper, they would look at the goblin oddly, and then continue their conversations, normal thought the goblin since he was hardy young any more, so the goblin just continued tapping his keyboard while the women laughed and smiled and seems very friendly to one another, holding hands, etc., until it dawned on the goblin that he must be in some tom-boy club "...I'll have another coffee, it's a really nice place you have here..." the goblin said to the girl at the counter slightly shocked, "...your welcome..." she replied, smiling back now, as if knowing where they both stood then

tango.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the afternoon in high 80s temperatures and horrendous humidity putting together the pond siphon in my recently built lake, or rather the big hole in the ground with no water. I just did the suction side of the siphon as I reckon I've got about 15 years to get the discharge side done. :biggrin::biggrin: That's how long I think this "crater" will take to fill up. Not really, as soon as I stop using the water well to run the yard sprinklers I'm going to turn it on the lake. I reckon it's going to take at least 6-months of 24-hour a day running to get it anywhere near full. I shudder to think what the electricity bill is going to be. :sad:

It may be that I have to drill a second well just to keep the lake filled. What started off off as a project to keep my wife happy (and off my case) has taken on a life of it's own. Once you start on down the road you may as well see it through to the end. The "end" being my life or my checkbook ... whichever comes first. :biggrin:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the afternoon in high 80s temperatures and horrendous humidity putting together the pond siphon in my recently built lake, or rather the big hole in the ground with no water. I just did the suction side of the siphon as I reckon I've got about 15 years to get the discharge side done. :biggrin::biggrin: That's how long I think this "crater" will take to fill up. Not really, as soon as I stop using the water well to run the yard sprinklers I'm going to turn it on the lake. I reckon it's going to take at least 6-months of 24-hour a day running to get it anywhere near full. I shudder to think what the electricity bill is going to be. :sad:

It may be that I have to drill a second well just to keep the lake filled. What started off off as a project to keep my wife happy (and off my case) has taken on a life of it's own. Once you start on down the road you may as well see it through to the end. The "end" being my life or my checkbook ... whichever comes first. :biggrin:
Pictures are in order, don't ya think? :smile:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Why would you say I'm impolite? Consumption of alcohol diminishes coordination and basic motor skills, and the effect of that is diminished ability to do basic jobs at a high level. Ergo, you end up with a second or third rate job instead of a #1 job, and somebody like me has to repair the damage. Indisputable, not impolite. Your sentences are a bit fragmented today.

that would be called neuropathy, there, joe. fuk, they put me inpatient fer 3 daze over that. fragmented as i type, maybe....... there is nary a change that- i type as i think.
pre-school is over, so i shant pretend to type in a different manner. or play pla-doh or wiffle ball- I thought we were too old fer that~. i say, if u dislike my posts, scroll beyond 'em, & read another one.
they're not fragmented in my mind- nope. nor of those minds of many, many intelligent folk.

that is how i type. & i'm also taking a new stomach medicine that has sedative effects. so punch a loaf of puffy bread. i'm a woman following doctors' orders to take that medicine & to maintain my weight. you ought know by well that my ticker is none too well. lemme preserve that, that i've got remaining in my daze peacefully, 'kay~
'kay~
have a great one.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter

u saying excessive being essential- i have hours that to got me to that point. they-i could get a ----job---- (or, fer me, a career, after i take a shower & get pretty. a hospital doctor plain advised me to not overwork myself at this point in time- not work, namely. i distinctly recall you saying you would not work an industrial kitchen fer anything not so many ages ago, so i scrool past 95% of your posts. 1 day & you were beat. try half your life. then maybe you'll get me. joe.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
u saying excessive being essential- i have hours that to got me to that point. they-i could get a ----job---- (or, fer me, a career, after i take a shower & get pretty. a hospital doctor plain advised me to not overwork myself at this point in time- not work, namely. i distinctly recall you saying you would not work an industrial kitchen fer anything not so many ages ago, so i scrool past 95% of your posts. 1 day & you were beat. try half your life. then maybe you'll get me. joe.
You really need to up that to 100%, Ms Sensitivity. Nice usage of the Rush Limbaugh term "scrool."

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Me and Mrs. JEV did a 5K this morning as part of the Northern Ohio Marathon/Half Marathon/5K, sponsored by Lake Hospital Systems in Lake County Ohio. We both did a walk/jog, as we're not runners, and were happy to finish. I then spent the balance of the day performing communication support for the race. We cover all 26.2 miles with Amateur Radio operators, and have vehicles that can bring back runners who are unable to complete the race (only 3 today out of 800+ participants).

One full marathon runner caught my attention, and I asked if I could take his picture. He agreed and the race began. A couple of hours later I actually met his parents, and learned that his name is 1st Lt. Patrick Cullivan, and is an Army reservist (and a full time police officer) who was running the marathon to raise funds & awareness for Wounded Warrior Project. Here are his pictures at the start and just seconds before the finish of 26.2 miles. A dare say there are not many of us who could carry his load, much less do it for 26.2 miles. To make a donation to Wounded Warrior Project in his name, click the hyperlink to WWP above. I did.

Damn well done, Lt. Cullivan!

Attachments

• 1st Lt start.jpg
    1st Lt start.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 1st Lt.jpg
    1st Lt.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 93

Leni

Now Now children. Remember what Mom said. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. Let's make nice. :flowers:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i gave my effort, years ago. i have limits, similar to so many others. i can be a great friend. or i can be a bitch. i can also make a grown man weep. my neuropathy makes typing tough.

btw- great job to those that rip on those that have disabilities. so i mis-type/improve. u managed to read my posts, huh~

Status
Not open for further replies.