• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Would it be illegal to download songs...

OregonAlex

the $500 Mac Mini is definately not for the person that likes to open up the case and do upgrades.. that is for sure.

Its targetted towards people who are thinking about switching from the PC to the Mac and no aspirations at openning it up and doing their own tweeking.
Which is a good goal IMHO because in reality most people never modify the guts of thier PC or want to.

And at $500, it really is worth it and comes with most things that you want.
If you try to piece together a PC with the same HW, buying the pieces yourself and putting it together, not even including the price of any software and the time you spend getting the pieces and putting it all together that $500 tag will be hard to compete with.

512MB RAM
40 GB HDD - 80GB add $50.
1.2 GHz PPC G4
Motherboard
CD Burner
ATI Video Card
10/100 Ethernet
Firewire for Digitial Video Editing
Case with Power Supply

go ahead and price it out if you wish in terms of "quality" PC parts equivelent to these above. Keep in mind you still have to give some value to the OS and software which comes with the Mac if you want to stay legal. No pirated copies of Windows, Video and Photo Editing, Productivity SW. ;-)

Doc,

I think the only Mac you would be happy with would be a used PowerMac G4 Dual CPU tower. That is the one I like for myself anyways. Other people could care less that it has the ability to stick in 6 HDDs, upgrade the CPUs, stick in PCI cards, etc. But that is expected.

Last edited:

dyt4000

To get back on topic, you could always go to the library, check out cds and then burn and return!