• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wondered over there to browse...

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I went back over there and posted again.

A guy was looking at CK30, TC30, JD790 and Kubota 7800

After more study he narrowed his choices to the JD790 and switched to the Kubota L2800. He asked for opinions on those two tractors.

First post after he asks about those 2 machines is from Island Tractor, he's a new Kioti owner. He suggests the Kubota B7800 that the guy ruled out. He suggests the JD4xxx line up. And he suggests the CK30. I'm sorry, which of those machines are the ones the guy asked about? He also says that the L2800 and the JD790 are underpowered? Anyone ever hear of that? I've not ever heard of a power complaint on either of those machines and the 790 is certainly a popular machine thats been around quite a while. It if is underpowered, it is a well kept secret!

I'm 1/2 tempted to post HP/Pound for the CK30, 790 and L2800. I have no idea what they are without looking them up, but I suspect that on a weight per horsepower ratio, the L2800 might come up with the most HP per Pound of machine.

EDIT: well I went back and posted numbers for 4 tractors. B7800, L2800, JD790 and CK30. The most power to pound winner is the B7800 followed in order by JD790, L2800 and the CK30.

Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I really need to stay away from TBN!

After posting the above I went to look at another thread. A guy has slightly over 1 acre of land. He is looking at Sub-Compact and Compact tractors. In several posts there are concerns about manuverability of tractors on the small property. The thread is 4 pages long. The last 2 posts are from guys who are recommending KAMA tractors. I'm a bit out of touch with things, but doesn't Kama start at 35 HP and go up from there?

Do these guys really suggest a large frame heavy tractor for 1 acre?

Back in the good old days (6+ months ago) about 10 people would have pointed out that the guy is looking to work a small property and the Kama would not fit his needs. Now one guy says Kama and another guy piles on to agree.

Sheezzz things really stink over there.:fart2: I'd hate to be a newbie looking for HELPFUL advice.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, I just can't believe it now there are Kama trolls! It appears that the Kioti-Trolls are actually behaving better but the core of them are still at it, even if they are more subtle about it. And LB still seems to be pretty active over there too. Anyone else notice that there is very little interesting stuff over there? LAGEORGE is the major exception, he has a very interesting fire-fighting project that he has been posting photos of and is the most interesting thread I see now.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Someone sure did piss off poor little LBrown59

That was just a side comment directed to
KubotaOne.
I wasn't talking to anyone else so no reply was needed from them.

There was no need to make a big production out of it and everyone jumping in on the band wagon.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK Brian, they do have a 25 hp tractor. It weighs over 3000 Pounds!!! That puts it up there with the Kioti CK30.

For someone who is looking at SUB-CUTS, and is concerned that a CUT will be to big to spin around on his 1 acre lot, something tells me that the Kama guys are simply trolls for the brand and have no clue what the heck they are recommending other than the fact that they are pushing their brand for the sake of feeling good about themselves. Hmmm. I think they are insecure and need a group hug.