• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Why I hate HOA's

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Cowboy, Joe, Lobo, et al:

We need to stop replying to gatorBOY's posts on this thread. He is either baiting us for the sake of creating an argument, or he is both a fool and a poltroon. Either way responding is his rants is much the same as arguing with a brick wall. I for one will no longer respond to this ... person's malformed concepts.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
HOA's are one of the biggest reasons I did not move to Florida a few years back. I will stick with my 107 acres where I set the rules and determine my own property conditions.:clap:

Yup, I lived in one home with an HOA and it totally sucked. Never again in my lifetime! Now my nearest "neighbor" is about 1/4 mile away from me. There are plenty from there on, but nobody too close. I have a nice 1/4 mile concrete driveway and a nice 100 hp cabbed tractor with which it is plowed when needed. HOA's remind me of unions. I needn't tell you my thoughts on unions. :smile:

Trakternut

If the guy worked on an oil rig, would you guys feel the same way? Doubtful, even though the person is away from home.

I seriously doubt an oil rig worker puts his life on the line like a front line solider ether. I sure know a rough neck isn't expected to kill another human in their daily work then live with it the rest of their life.

The big difference, besides the combat situation, is the fact that a soldier gets paid below minimum wage for his/her "work" while in service.

That dude on the oil rig pulls down $$$ that we'd all love to earn.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
The big difference, besides the combat situation, is the fact that a soldier gets paid below minimum wage for his/her "work" while in service.

That dude on the oil rig pulls down $$$ that we'd all love to earn.

Not only does he pull down big money but he is allowed to come home when he wants to.