• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What do you guys think of the Kioti loader problems?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have seen some long threads in my life, but I have a sneaky suspicion that the Kioti Loader thread is going to up there as one of the longest ones.:drink:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The lastest news is that KiotiJohn is now attacking Highbeams dealer. He said that the dealer should lend Highbeam a tractor and that his dealer would have lent one to him.

Isn't KJ the guy who essentially lives at his dealership? I know I've seen where he has helped unload new tractors that were being delivered, he's also claimed to help write some manuals. Most people pay for their tractor and don't actually kiss the dealer on the lips every morning.

And not to sound too objective, but I don't see where Highbeam's dealer has been a real problem. He has been cooperative with Highbeam and while the loader repair was botched, the dealer didn't do that, it was sent out to a master welder who did it, and that was under the direction of Kioti. So how is it that the dealer should lend him a tractor? Unless Kioti underwrites the cost of the loaner, the dealer would get screwed because he'd have a "loaner/demo" tractor to see instead of a "new" tractor.

I think KJ needs to go to the medicine cabinet and take a pill that says "get real" on the label.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
thcri said:
I have seen some long threads in my life, but I have a sneaky suspicion that the Kioti Loader thread is going to up there as one of the longest ones.:drink:

Or it will cease to exist at all. :rolleyes:

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
the loader repair was botched

I dont reckon the repair iteslf was botched, the instuctions given were bad. The repair itself was good and strong, and the welds were nice, especially considering most of them were tricky ones, probably inverted too.
The dealer probably told the guy to 'fix it up to make it stronger' and probably wanted it done cheap. And then the dealer was under instruction from the manufacturer, so guess who done a bad job.....

I would say with all tractors, you get exactly what you pay for, nothing more.

LarryRB

can't remember the number, however, one thread about WroughtnHarv that did that big pond project had something like 18,000 views on it... Pretty hard to beat that.... Even if you add up the five or so various threads about loader cracks, I doubt it will come anywhere close,,, I don't know how to do it, but, go in as a new member on an assumed name and state, was going to buy a Kioti, but all this loader stuff scared me over to a comparable machine (Mahindra-Long-Montana or take a pick) This,,, should get KJ to post at least another 40 or so posts tonight

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Post that you were planning on a Kioti but went with a Jinma instead due to better dealer backup! :yum: He'll sweat!

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
The attacks from the rabid Kioti pack continue on HB. What is the count now of how many of them have told him he should change brands? It appears that he broke their number one rule and now he is being evicted from "the pack". :punch:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think that Highbeam and Island Tractor have effectively layed out a dual attack on the whole problem.

Highbeam has pretty much stayed on his loader problem. Island Tractor has pretty much stayed on the larger global problem and did a good job of laying out the mistakes that Kioti has made.

Guys like gsssmi have jumped in at critical moments with a 2x4 smacked upside the head of Kioti. And a smattering of other folks with loader problems have jumped into the discussion who have in one way or another reinforced the problem and the solution.

I think it will be hard for Kioti to avoid making a proper resolution but I have had some conversations with a guy who has a broken loader and the fear is that Kioti is going to only fix the loaders that are 'known' to be broken. The reason that feeling is present is because Kioti seems to be dragging their feet on issuing any sort of official statement. The lack of that statement is cause for concern about the real intentions of Kioti.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is the official Kioti reply (via FAX to dealers):

We have recieved reports of cosmetic cracks developing on the torque tube (cross member between the arms of the boom) of some KL120 & KL130 loaders. While we have had no reports of failures resulting from these cracks, our engineers are working to design a suitable solution for this issue. One the information is ready to be released, KIOTI will notify you (the dealers) with further information regarding this issue.

While several responses were favorable, I wonder if some follow-up comments of skepticism don't show that maybe Kioti waited too long and perhaps that some damage to their reputation will take a long time to repair. It is noteable that if you carefully read the announcement, there is no plain and clear wording to indicate that all the cracked loaders will receive the fix (including those that are out of warrenty).

BTW, I am presuming that the spelling error in the Kioti text is the fault of the dealer who transcribed the FAX into email.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
NIXON has now been bitch slapped by one of the overly sensitive Kioti guys. All Nixon did was suggest to a Kioti owner of a DK55 that he contact KiotiJohn. He wrote what seemed to have been a clear sentence, he wrote it in English, but still it was misunderstood by a guy who simply was looking to pick apart Nixon as a brand-basher. I've never seen Nixon bash another brand, heck I don't even know what he owns or if he owns a CUT.

John, FWIW, I did step up and defend your honor and I believe I did it without bashing any brands. It does, however, open up the wound of the DK55 - KL1595 loader issue. The way that loader was 'fixed' may be indicitive of how the CK20 and CK30 loaders will be fixed?

The guy with the DK55 - KL1595 suggests that Kioti will not do the right thing, but will probably charge people for the fix if their loader is out of warrenty.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
DaveNay said:
Bob, you misspelled moron slapped. :yum:

Well I figured that "bitch" would make it past the moderators, but I didn't realize that "moron" would pass the test :whistle:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Here is the official Kioti reply (via FAX to dealers):
We have recieved reports of cosmetic cracks developing on the torque tube (cross member between the arms of the boom) of some KL120 & KL130 loaders. While we have had no reports of failures resulting from these cracks, our engineers are working to design a suitable solution for this issue. One the information is ready to be released, KIOTI will notify you (the dealers) with further information regarding this issue.

While several responses were favorable, I wonder if some follow-up comments of skepticism don't show that maybe Kioti waited too long and perhaps that some damage to their reputation will take a long time to repair. It is noteable that if you carefully read the announcement, there is no plain and clear wording to indicate that all the cracked loaders will receive the fix (including those that are out of warrenty).

BTW, I am presuming that the spelling error in the Kioti text is the fault of the dealer who transcribed the FAX into email.

I'd like to think that the e-mail I sent to Kioti on the subject helped make a difference.

Posted on TBN 2 days prior to the anouncement!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Greg, I think a lot of credit goes to folks like you, IslandTractor (Ed), Highbeam (Joe) and a select small group of other Kioti owners who kept Kioti from ducking, and who kept KiotiJohn from diverting and obfuscating the issue. The occasional poke in the right direction when the thread would slightly sway off course, may have been the critical posts that did the most to keep the issue up front, on target, and impossible for Kioti to avoid.

As long as KiotiJohn was attacking people (like me, or like Joe) then Kioti had the diversion away from the topic. There were a couple dealers who I think also confused the issue by speaking for Kioti, but not having the official word to do that. IslandTractor did the best job of flushing out those statements as unofficial.

Overall I think that Kioti took the right steps, too bad they took them late.

And they are still under the spector of suspiscion from some Kioti owners, especially those who had to pay for the repairs on their DK55 - KL1595 loaders. But at least they took a positive step forward.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
d
B_Skurka said:
Greg, I think a lot of credit goes to folks like you, IslandTractor (Ed), Highbeam (Joe) and a select small group of other Kioti owners who kept Kioti from ducking, and who kept KiotiJohn from diverting and obfuscating the issue. The occasional poke in the right direction when the thread would slightly sway off course, may have been the critical posts that did the most to keep the issue up front, on target, and impossible for Kioti to avoid.
I hear that! Too many times focus was diverted. My post were few but staying the course and issue was my concern. As you know, the course changed from the loader to Kioti's response. It's time they take care of their business!!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well the Kioti thread seems to have heated up some. Batche33 really stuck her foot up her ass with some of her statements. And her latest reply is simply insulting to people.

If she is considered a 'good' Kioti dealer/spokesperson then I think that brand is in trouble!

EDIT: I just got a PM from Highbeam. He's pissed at Batche33 and doesn't understand why she would have made a post like she did. He said that he posted after her in an effort to calm the situation a bit, but that he was not happy with her.

JayC

Huh?
I'll have to check that out. I haven't actually read anything on TBN in a while. Kioti seems to be in a deep hole. Calling those cracks "cosmetic" bothered me. I wonder what they will say if the loader breaks and someone sues? I've pretty much given up on Kioti. Those rabid fans have really hurt that brand. KiotiJohn seems to have left as I haven't seen him post in a while. While that is a minor plus for the brand at TBN, I think its reputation is tarnished quite a bit now. If I were buying a Kioti today, I would be worried about the loaders. I don't like putting aftermarket attachments like loader and backhoes on a machine, but in Kioti's case, it is probably your only safe, reliable answer.