• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Second Saturday I planned yard work, rain in the valley and 3 feet of snow on the mountain by Monday. I think I will organize the garage and either work on the Raidtrac or load ammo.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Me Too Lolly.

I've planned to cut the yard since Wednesday. Haven't made it yet. Everything is still wet from yesterday's rain and the forecast is for more rain for the next week. I may have to bush hog it first before I can mow it. The St Augustine hasn't started to grow yet so it's mainly junk grass and weeds. The spring reclamation project needs to start soon.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Second Saturday I planned yard work, rain in the valley and 3 feet of snow on the mountain by Monday. I think I will organize the garage and either work on the Raidtrac or load ammo.

Got the garage mostly organized again then primed a couple hundred rounds of brass I tumbled the other day. 45 colt, 45-70 and 45-90 also punched a couple hundred 45 cal. card wads. Tomorrow I will load some up.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Been there, done that! :th_lmao:
Me too. Lmao. Except I use a travel mug with a lid. Often I'll put it in place but forget to remove the lid followed by an "oh shit" moment.

I'm out at a scout camp sleeping in a 12x20 log cabin. Slept alright but was up a couple times during the night to stoke the fire. It's -13 celcius. The woodstove is small and only lasts a few hours. Good heat pumping out of it now.

We're packing up and heading home today. The last great Canadian scouters out camping in the woods until all this coronavirus hype is over.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Brian, I'd love to go hide out in a remote locale until it's over too.
I honestly believe it will be soon.

There were all kinds of silly rumours going around at work yesterday, like " omg, we may get quarantined here for weeks at a time on rotation!!!"..
Seriously?? Lol
It's all become so ridiculous.

We are now on lock down, quarantine.
No outside workers allowed in (the crew doing renovations).
The people who come in to fill the vending machines.
Family members at first were discouraged, now they are being told no.
Some have been making phone calls, others have been coming to the family members windows waving and blowing kisses.
It's very strange and quiet.

All residents and patients are forbidden to leave their rooms, except for the fall risks and those with extreme behaviour.
This will end soon and will be remembered as the time when the world went cuckoo over a virus.
I'm back on today at 10am.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No church today. Its cancelled by the Bishop for 3 weeks.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I think they are going to cancel out Rotary lunch tomorrow. Ironically, our program tomorrow was going to be our County Emergency Health Manager but she cancelled because of pressure of work. I bet.

As I drove through town yesterday evening on the way to the grocery store, most of the restaurants that I passed seemed busy. Obviously the people eating there are not the same ones who picked over the grocery store.

I did have a thought though. Friday was pay day so, assuming that most of them are now broke, the grocery store may have an opportunity to restock. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

It's raining so today will be a piddling day if I do anything at all. I don't feel guilty about it because even the good Lord rested on Sunday.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Home from scout camp at noon after packing up and hauling 2 loads of gear across the ice.

Our minister, instead of holding a regular church service this morning, did a live stream of the service on our Facebook page.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
First day of March break. Sitting around resting for a bit after a weekend of fresh air and snow. I have to go in to the city for physio this afternoon. That still hasn't been canceled.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Paper work is caught up
its raining
I don't want to go anywhere
had enough doom and gloom on line and TV
I think I will eat some baby backs then load ammo or work on the RaidTrac

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent yesterday ( Sunday) in Springfield MO area working on the Ozark ranch property. Got the electric working, Cattle had torn the breaker box off the pole.

Brush hogged about an acre of oat grass with the walk behind unit. Pulled sumac out of the deck and screwed all the boards backdown. set mouse traps and again bombed the work shed for hornets.

All in 45 degrees F and a slow rain.

l Went to go home and the gravel drive was a river. So I put the truck wheels on the high middle and the uphill shoulder. All was well until the front left wheel went into a deep hole. I didn't see it.
Down to the frame.:shitHitFan:

I dug for three hours in the ran and mud. Extracted boulders the size of footballs. I could not get it to budge an inch forward or back. Keep in mind we are in the middle of no where. The sun is going down, the temperature is approaching 32 and it is raining.
We will be stuck here for the night!!!!

I'm pretty discouraged by now. The wife has walked several miles trying to get a signal with no luck. And who should show up but my neighbor whom I haven't seen, or heard from, in four years and who no longer lives on his place. He just happened to be there with his company truck,,,;a big honkin' Chevy four wheel 3500.

What are the odds??

Don't anyone ever tell me there is no GOD.
:clap::clap::clap:

We got back to the Bungalow about 8:30 PM cold, wet, exhausted and covered in mud.

I took a long hot shower and got a meal, washed down with four fingers of scotch, and crawled, dead tired, into bed.

We slept until 11:00 this morning. And just got home a bit ago.

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang. That is quite the adventure.
Yes, it was.

I am absolutely humbled by my stupidity and the providence that saved us from a terrible night.
We had provisions aboard. Food, water, beer, blankets, pillows and a 3/4 tank of diesel but it would have been a lousy nights' sleep. This morning it was raining hard, Had my good friend not come by, we would likely still be there this evening.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm getting ready to leave Walmart with some essentials.
20200316_191418-768x768.jpg

20200316_191524-768x768.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Today compared to the last time I shopped just a few days ago, holy crap.
The fresh meat was gone except for a few packaged steaks and ground turkey.
The frozen foods were almost nonexistent.
The bread aisle was nearly empty.
I got fresh fruit and vegetables both fresh and frozen. I've got just about everything else I'll need for now.
Some woman on Facebook from around here claimed that she had to pay $20 at Chief Supermarket for 6 rolls of tp, citing price gouging.
I paid $14.97 for that huge bundle of tp.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I cannot recall the last time I'd filled out the census, but it's been years ago when I was still married to hub #1 and the boys were small.
Probably the same year that I did the Nielsen ratings thing lol

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got the new internet antenna installed.

We have faster internet now. Still S_L_O_W by cable standards but fast compared to the step above "dial up" that we just got rid of. Same company, just a faster receiver.

We can get email + watch Netflix at the same time now :clap:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Stayed close to the fort today. Cold and some snow so nothing much to do outside.

On a bright note, local supermarkets are closing for DECON overnight and opening at 7AM for us elderly old farts for two hours then open at 9AM general public. This should help us stay away from the Kung Flu. Not having to look at the millenials will be a plus, not that they are up at that hour.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
What am I doing today? Getting over a bug. Nah, not the bug but I got a stomach bug that kicked my ass starting Sunday night. Monday and most of today was pretty bad but some of my wife's homemade chicken soup set me right this evening. It was the first thing that I have been able to keep down for 2 days and darn it was good. Now I'm drinking fluid like crazy because I couldn't even drink water.

The only thing is that my wife says that I'm on a 14-day quarantine from affection because she doesn't want to get that sick. Jeez, we're basically under house arrest for the next 14-days as it is. What the heck else is there to do?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have Grand Jury Duty today.

It was originally scheduled for 2 days.

Then they changed it to 1 day.

Then they changed it to 1 full morning.

Then they changed it to 2 hours.

Now it is scheduled for 1 hour.

All JURY TRIALS have been suspended due to health risks. The courthouse is essentially closed. Our secret grand jury room is closed because it is too small. The only people who will be there are the guards, the necessary US Attorney staff, and the Grand Jurors. We will be in a very large courtroom, with plenty of space between jurors so nobody infects anyone else. Or so they hypothosize.

All I know is that we have a few HIGH PROFILE cases we have been considering. If they are going through all this for 1 hour of my time then I think it is very likely that there is a big fish and they are brining us in because they finally have enough evidence to heat up the frying pan.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the morning accepting handshakes and hugs from the staff. Yesterday we handed everyone a $300 bonus so they could go to stores and buy necessities.

After the group hug, we handed out one ounce bottles of Cetaphil hand sanitizer left over from a sample run we did last fall. And hoped no one was infected by our connubial gathering.

Our workload this month is heavy. We need everyone heathy, happy and at station.:walking gator:

Status
Not open for further replies.