• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The wife woke up with a cold yesterday. it's full blown today. So, our plans to go to Menards and order fencing are postponed. And I am a nurse for a crabby patient today.

She owes me big.

Nice weather outside but rainy. Plans are to work on the big retaining wall on Sunday. I have to remove 28 feet of wall that is four feet high. 180 concrete "Handystones" Then put in a new, level, foundation and re-set the old stones. More than a days work when I was in my 30's

Hope it stays dry for a few days.

Plans were to build from scratch. However, I decided to go with pre fabricated cedar panels on the fence. Cost is about the same and it will save time. At the age of 73 I'm running short on time and energy.

The Excalibur plant is off until after the new year. However we have some upgrades to install and machines to re-arrange.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Snow day. So far we've gotten 6" since last night. It's coming down hard with drifting and blowing snow. It's supposed to ease up this afternoon and pick up again in the morning.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Snow day. So far we've gotten 6" since last night. It's coming down hard with drifting and blowing snow. It's supposed to ease up this afternoon and pick up again in the morning.

Ick!
It's been raining here non-stop since last night.
It's going to be a quiet Sunday.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Pot luck bingo this afternoon at the American Legion. It's always fun. About 150 people will be there.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We got a foot of snow today. Round 2 tomorrow with about the same. Blew a brake line on the plow truck. Got stuck twice as it rained the other day creating a nice layer of ice under the snow. Movie night tonight. More plowing tomorrow.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, another day of working on the Suzuki. Got the lift kit done now its 3" higher. Details in the ATV section . Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 83

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So much for a quiet Sunday!
Well, it was partially.
I spent the better part of the day binge watching celebrity documentaries on YouTube.
Then my best friend Julie stopped by to bring me a poinsettia from her church, then asked me to go to the after Christmas sales.
Of course I did.
Got a bunch of 50% off decorations for next year.
Then stopped at KFC to grab dinner. Chicken and waffles.
Yum!

20191229_175520-768x768.jpg

20191229_171252-768x768.jpg

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Major ice storm on the way for tonite and tomorrow and a foot of snow on Tuesday. New Years eve driving would be a hoot between the drunks and the ice and snow. I will be staying home hopefully we will have electricity.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Best place to be. Spending New Years Eve with a bunch of slobbering drunks is no longer of any interest for us.
The wife and I used to attend those wild NYE parties. People got drunk and had a great bit of fun and jolly. But there was always some @sshole who stayed sober and remembered what foolishness the rest of us did.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I have to work in the field all day again today then we are doing New Years in NewYork from the west coast it happens at 9pm when the ball drops Im going bed get up early and finish the mini truck on New Years day. Marty:clap:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We have a crew of four guys coming in today to move machinery around and sort through our 4000 Square Foot bone yard of obsolete machines. Amazing what one collects in 30 years of contract packaging business.

Some of them we will never ever use again and may put them up on our E-Bay store. Anybody want an Eastey "L" bar sealer and heat tunnel?
How about a crayon dispenser? A 115 HP Chrysler outboard motor with prop and controls? A metal detector?

I'll be haulin' the resulting scrap to the recycle yard when and if I finally get my truck back.

Last edited:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Picked up one dog from the boarding kennel where they've been holed up since we left for Georgia. The other one is getting bathed and groomed so I'll get her this afternoon.

It's a beautiful looking day but too cold for me to do too much outside. This evening we're off to the Country Club for a New Years Eve Dinner. I suppose that I'm going to have to get dressed up, or at least tidy, for that. Looking forward to it as I don't get spruced up very often these days. It'll be a change, something different. Then it's home to watch the ball drop while sipping an 18-year old Glen Dronach single malt before heading to bed. The days of boozing, dancing and partying all night into the wee small hours are far behind me. Thank the Lord that I managed to live through them.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
More plowing today to tidy up the yard after the snow the past few days. I also made a trip to the city to finish snow blowing the yard at the old house as there's a couple of showings this afternoon and tomorrow.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't want this year to end badly or with hard feelings toward anyone.

Apologize to me.

:laugh3:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
worked Suzuki mini truck anti rotation brackets for the tracks. It should be done and ready for testing tomorrow. Marty

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Finished the front and rear. rotation limiter brackets set angle of attack and parallel on the front tracks. Details in the ATV section. Im going to do some testing tomorrow. Happy new year. Marty

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a GOOD shift today.
Tomorrow is off, think I'll sleep in because right now I'm not the least bit tired.
I'll be up half the night browsing the net or watching movies.
:tongue:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, this morning i took the Suzuki for a little ride and washed it. Details in the ATV section with video. Marty

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We're rebuilding the drives and chain systems in our oldest machine. New chains, bearings, sprockets etc.

This is a 1986 model Doboy and was our first packaging line bought brand new from the factory in 1986. I was still a Doboy field technician and was able to be part of the design and assembly team. We have sold and bought it back twice. It runs almost every day.

Doboy only built 26 of these machines. All were 1986 models. Records show we either owned, sold or installed 13 of them over time. We now have three in our plant and they run most every day.

OIP.NKMjGyel9Njz2ENiDGx_ZgHaFj

We have since painted it in Steel-it paint. Which resembles stainless steel. Also, we have extended the infeed system to 16 feet from 8 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.