• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like my plans. Sitting at home with my feet up. I just backed out of playing at the church. Light headed and dizzy when I stand.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Smart. I finally reached that point with some in my extended family also. Sad but you have to do that for your own sanity.

===
My situation today, cheering on the Ohio State Buckeyes. Michigan is giving them a game but we are on top 42 -19 right now. Go Bucks!!!!

55-27 Doc! Lol
:clap:

Bamby

Kinda hard for me to break the ice after she blasted both my wife and I this summer for imposing equal rules for all our children. In her mind I should be spoiling the oldest boy(my biological son) and ignore her children. When we were at an event this summer, we set clear rules across the board for all 5 children. My mother didn't agree with that and felt the oldest should get special treatment. After we stated our opinions, she went behind our backs complaining to my ex wife telling her that she should get a lawyer and go for custody. Well she was all over that and tried coming after me which led to a big blow up. But in my mother's mind she did nothing wrong. So it's a little hard to start up a conversation with someone who thinks that I can do nothing right. She's even said in the past "I don't know why you would want to be with someone with 3 kids" to me right in front of my wife and all the kids. All this stems from the fact that my brother was with someone with 3 kids and married her. After 7 years together they separated and my mother lost contact with them. So she thinks that the same thing is going to happen to me.

There's plenty more examples of her showing us no respect. But it's not worth getting into. I have just accepted that she is who she is and I know my place in the family. It is what it is. I just choose to remove myself from that toxic relationship.

I hate reading posts such as this. Just how in the hell would any of us know just who's right or wrong in the issue being discussed. The oldest children should be able to earn some trust and responsibility or privileges. It's a good thing and an example to the younger ones to grow up a bit too. Or are you going to hold the older ones back till the youngest is old enough to "drive" for instance......

And here's the real issue that burns most relationships..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAdi9rAVZuM[/ame]

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems obvious to me. Brian is trying to raise all kids with the same rules. That would be the same I would do if in his shoes and the same I did when I was raising kids. I can't imagine one set of rules for one (favoritism) and a different set for others. Yes, oldest can earn trust and get to do more as they age and do well (same as others when they get to that age), but the basic rules of the house should be the same for all. If one is to keep their room spotless and the other not disciplined if their room is constantly trashed that would be a huge problem. If there is favoritism kids see it. They know.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes. Doc nailed it. We do assign special "privileges" as they get older.

What happened was that we were at the races and told all the kids they could order what they wanted when we got there for food but we wouldn't be going back for more afterwards as it's expensive. They all kept bugging for more despite us saying no. Then my mother went behind our backs and gave only the oldest money to buy something else and sneak over to get it and eat it out of site. She has never once given the other kids special treatment. The same thing happens at Christmas and birthdays. He gets an iphone. They get a $10 gift if they get anything at all. It wasn't a huge deal until she went to my ex telling her to try for custody and try to persuade her to come after me with a lawyer all because we wanted to keep things equal for all the kids. Over the years it's been one thing after another with her. All this over a treat at a concession stand. If it isn't that, it's something else. She's like that with everyone. I just chose to not allow her to control me anymore. She's on a need to know basis and the less she knows the better.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow I understand what you're saying now, Brian.
It would piss me off too if my Mother had ever played the favourites game, never mind going behind my back talking to my ex.
Thankfully my Mother wasn't like that.
Now I have to admit having a pick with my grandies, that would be Elaina, however I love all 3 of them equally.
Nana's are allowed to feel that. :smile:

I'm thrilled with the Buckeyes!
It's a celebration on Facebook lol
I've not done much today except listen to the game, Facebook, text with my friend Tami from Delphos about a medical issue she has going, then ordered dinner from the local pizza place.
That's what I'm supposed to do on weekends off, right? Relax.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Them girls tho!
:wub:
It's all about the Jojo bows these days.
20191129_215754.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Bad leg day. Can't stand. Feels like both legs and feet are one big charlie horse. Won't be doing much.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to mass at Sacred Heart in New Bavaria.
I've not been inside it since my ex and I were still married.
It looks the same.
Nothing going on today that's worth mentioning unless you wanna know about my shrimp and asparagus dinner plans. Lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Bad leg day. Can't stand. Feels like both legs and feet are one big charlie horse. Won't be doing much.

Gathered enough strength to stumble down to the garage and have the kids haul down totes of Christmas decorations. I got the outside done a few days ago. Can't wait until it's done. I have really taken a disliking to Christmas lately. If it were just me I'd go to sleep and wake up in January.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
You had to say it. Christmas decorations.

We store them in the attic which was once a good place for the, But now we have finished about half of the attic into an office loft. Getting to the Christmas decorations is a crawl thru a tunnel one box at a time.

It was easy when we were younger.:unsure:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't accomplish getting the apartment decorated for Christmas.
This week sometime.
I'm starting to relax more these days without thinking it alllll has to be done today.
Is that a sign of getting old?
:rolleyes: :tongue:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Today I went to the gym and walked two miles.

Then into Council Bluffs to visit with a friend of mine and her 91 year old mother who is basically in at home hospice. I admire my friend for taking great care of her mother. Still mentally sharp but can't get out of bed. Sad!

Then to a Veteran suicide prevention group meeting about an upcoming fund raising dinner they are having.

Then to the bar here and now home.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't accomplish getting the apartment decorated for Christmas.
This week sometime.
I'm starting to relax more these days without thinking it alllll has to be done today.
Is that a sign of getting old?
:rolleyes: :tongue:

Nope. It is a sign on understanding what is important.
So go ahead a relax:applause: guilt free.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I finished the wall hanging coat rack yesterday. Today I will install it. We got both trees up but only one is decorated as we had scouts last night. We backed Christmas cookies. Next week we are going caroling and collecting food donations for the local food bank.
db1abcd4ed6d725def524cf3bb40ddb8.jpg
aab884b7e13111fa315ae7fa02d75924.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Somewhat of a productive day. 2 trips to the city. I hung up the coat rack and built a temporary mantle piece with hooks to hang the stockings by the fireplace as it's all slate. I still have to paint or stain it. Just not sure what color to use yet.
361fe445db212222b2f80336b3520b63.jpg
06ea85d20b39320076ef6aaf6a5cc8c9.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd go with a light gray on that mantle, Brian.
Very nice!

My first feat this morning was to knock a large cup of fresh brewed coffee all over the countertop, stove, down in the burners and all over the floor.
That took me a while to obsessively clean every last space twice.
There is a 3 inch space between the stove and cupboard area.
That coffee flew back into there, so cleaning the linoleum thoroughly against the far wall involved a yard stick pushed in and out with a dish cloth on the end.
I have today off and have some errands to run, then I'll make myself a nice dinner.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Actually we're thinking of using up the leftover stain from the coat rack. It'll match the entertainment unit.
bcb452625a7acee9829b8770a05290be.jpg

Gym then chiropractor today. Most of the kids are home today as the English school boards are holding a one day strike. Our oldest son still had to go as they're a different school board.

If a man walks in the woods and says something and his wife isn't there to hear him say it, is he still wrong?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually we're thinking of using up the leftover stain from the coat rack. It'll match the entertainment unit.
bcb452625a7acee9829b8770a05290be.jpg

Gym then chiropractor today. Most of the kids are home today as the English school boards are holding a one day strike. Our oldest son still had to go as they're a different school board.

If a man walks in the woods and says something and his wife isn't there to hear him say it, is he still wrong?

I was thinking the same thing. The stain is in the same color pallet group as the stone on the fireplace. It will look stunning

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I went with the dark walnut stain. It looks amazing. I'll share a picture when it's dry and reinstalled.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I went with the dark walnut stain. It looks amazing. I'll share a picture when it's dry and reinstalled.

Yes. The man, by his very nature, is always wrong.
It's kinda like being a white guy. Always a racists and/or a sexist

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Spent midday at the range. Shot a HK P30 9mm. An amazing pistol. I gotta say it is one of the most awesome pistols I have ever shot in my life. Smooth, great trigger and very easy to reaquire sight picture. 31 degrees so not too bad weather wise. Always a great day when hunting, fishing or shooting. :thumbup:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks great NR!!!! :thumbup:

Today? Took the trash down to the gate this morning. Ran in to town to get 30 sacks of top soil. Right after noon we headed to the dentist in Longview for check-ups and cleaning. Had a really, really late lunch at a Cajun fish place. Came on home and went grocery shopping and that was enough for one day. The fried food for lunch is sitting in my stomach like a brick. No supper. Tomorrow might be a work day.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks guys. I enjoy doing simple woodworking. I may get more into it as a pastime and maybe try to sell some pieces once the garage is fully set up.

Today is looking quite busy. Time to get a move on. I have to head to the city to do a second coat of paint on the moldings downstairs at the old house. No. It hasn't sold yet. The housing market has been crap ever since Trudeau took office. Fewer full time good paying jobs. He brags about increased jobs but if you lose your full time $35 an hour job and have to work 2 minimum wage part time jobs to make ends meet, you aren't ahead.

Anyways, enough of that rant. Lol. Meeting at the school for one of the girls this morning. Physio this afternoon followed by an ultrasound appointment on my legs to check circulation.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Found out yesterday our grandson, who lives with us as our own child, has a mild form of spinal bifida. His step sister has a major case of it and has been in a wheelchair all her life. Mom has Diabetes and did not take proper prenatal care. Folic acid supplements are a must.

his mother didn't care enough to take them.

Not real sure what this means for him just yet. But it does eliminate gym class at school for now. And gets him out of some of his chores.

Just what we need, another dependent child. I'm reminded that God never gives you more burden than you can handle. But now I know why he was laughing when, many years ago, I told him my plans.

At 72, I had planned to sit on my porch in the Ozarks, watching cattle feed on my little ranchette after a morning or trout fishing. Instead I clean cat litter boxes, ( for five cats and a dog) take out the trash and go to work early in order to support my young family.

So, official retirement will now be about when I achieve 82 years of age. At least I'm not gonna be bored.

I'm not really complaining, life is what we endure between the eternities. My real worry is about Jesse. With his Spinal Bifida, he doesn't have a happy life for which to look forward. Which means, in 10 years, he may well be sitting on that Ozark porch with me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.