• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Squerly and friends build a house...

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That is cheating using a grapple. You are supposed to use a peavy pole like us poor folks!

Kane

Wood shed is just about finished. Still need to put a side on it so the interior isn't visible from the house but at least it's to the stage that I can start storing wood. Winter feels like it's just around the corner!
Now you need to hire a couple of college girls to stoke the fire. Maybe cum to a live-in arrangement this winter.

Lookin' good, squerly!

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Now you need to hire a couple of college girls to stoke the fire. Maybe cum to a live-in arrangement this winter.

Lookin' good, squerly!

Me thinks that if squerly tried that ....HE would be liveing in the wood shed and the two college girls would be in the house with the boss lady!!!!!!:yum: Bet boss lady is a lot like mom.....she dont cotten to sharing !!!!!!!! Not one little bit!!!!!!!!:yum:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Wood's going up. :biggrin:

Attachments

• tn_wood1 009.JPG
    tn_wood1 009.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 115
  • tn_wood1 010.JPG
    tn_wood1 010.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 114
  • tn_wood1 008.JPG
    tn_wood1 008.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 117

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Looking fine there Squerly!!!!Boss lady got great taste.......:clap:.......but then we should know that ......,she is stuck....err Picked you!!!!!!!!!!!!:whistling::poke::yankchain:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What kind of lights are you going to use in that room?

Our ceiling is similar to what you're doing and we have can lights. When built, they were centered down the room but that was inadequate light near the walls (which sucked for reading or otherwise on the couch). We installed another set of lights when we were putting a new roof on by coming in from above.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
What kind of lights are you going to use in that room?

Our ceiling is similar to what you're doing and we have can lights. When built, they were centered down the room but that was inadequate light near the walls (which sucked for reading or otherwise on the couch). We installed another set of lights when we were putting a new roof on by coming in from above.
There's 4 can lights BC, 2 on each side of the room and then there is whatever lights there are on the ceiling fan. I hope it's enough. Given the amount of windows in the room I think we'll be OK. Sure hope so anyway...

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't worry about it. Wives are great at finding expensive lamps to trip over. :yum::yum:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Garage doors, (behind all the trash) wood in the loft, and 1st coat of paint in the master bedroom.

Attachments

• tn_garage doors 003.JPG
    tn_garage doors 003.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 92
  • tn_garage doors 010.JPG
    tn_garage doors 010.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 87
  • tn_garage doors 016.JPG
    tn_garage doors 016.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 89
  • tn_garage doors 021.JPG
    tn_garage doors 021.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 88
  • tn_garage doors 024.JPG
    tn_garage doors 024.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 89

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
2 panel arched doors arrived. Wood is on the dining room ceiling and Trish directs the framing of the bedroom windows. Good day overall!

Attachments

• tn_doors 003.JPG
    tn_doors 003.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 82
  • tn_doors 012.JPG
    tn_doors 012.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 85
  • tn_doors 032.JPG
    tn_doors 032.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 81
  • tn_doors 033.JPG
    tn_doors 033.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 82

Mama

Is he rolling his eyes or just looking at the bill of his cap? :yum:

Attachments

• eye-roll.jpg
    eye-roll.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 79

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Is he rolling his eyes or just looking at the bill of his cap? :yum:
LOL, that's Vic, he's a great carpenter and one hell of a nice guy. I think I heard him say "Women aren't wrong, sometimes they're just not right..." or something of that nature. :smile:

Mama

Me being a woman with OCD, I would be willing to bet she's telling him about the outlet not being centered below the window....just sayin' :hide:.....LOL

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Me being a woman with OCD, I would be willing to bet she's telling him about the outlet not being centered below the window....just sayin' :hide:.....LOL
Yep! got to have an equal amount of cord showing for the lamp that is never in front of the window.....:whistling::yum:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Ceiling fans going up. Tile in master bathroom, kitchen and hallway going down. The tile in the hallway is bordered with strips of Asian Teak for a checkerboard effect and will blend in with more Asian Teak which covers the rest of the living room, office and master bedroom.

Attachments

• tn_X-tile 052.JPG
    tn_X-tile 052.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 63
  • tn_X-tile 059.JPG
    tn_X-tile 059.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 62
  • tn_X-tile 055.JPG
    tn_X-tile 055.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 62
  • tn_X-tile 047.JPG
    tn_X-tile 047.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 62
  • tn_X-tile 001.JPG
    tn_X-tile 001.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 61

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Cabinets are starting to go in.

Attachments

• tn_cabinets 010.JPG
    tn_cabinets 010.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 47
  • tn_cabinets 042.JPG
    tn_cabinets 042.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 46
  • tn_cabinets 019.JPG
    tn_cabinets 019.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 46
  • tn_cabinets 013.JPG
    tn_cabinets 013.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 49

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't really grasp the concept of the wood lattice floor as you described it Squerly. That is amazing.

The house looks way better in person. Amazing use of space and technology thruout. Thoughtful little touches that will make living there special. Very well planned and executed design high on the side of the mountain.

Absolutely to die for!:applause:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Cloudy day but lots going on. Equipment room is filling up fast with all the duct work. Tile guy's are humping it (finally), and floor almost finished in living room.

Attachments

• tn_floor-tile-equipment 041.JPG
    tn_floor-tile-equipment 041.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 113
  • tn_floor-tile-equipment 033.JPG
    tn_floor-tile-equipment 033.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 114
  • tn_floor-tile-equipment 037.JPG
    tn_floor-tile-equipment 037.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 115
  • tn_floor-tile-equipment 039.JPG
    tn_floor-tile-equipment 039.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 114
  • tn_floor-tile-equipment 012.JPG
    tn_floor-tile-equipment 012.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 113
  • tn_floor-tile-equipment 027.JPG
    tn_floor-tile-equipment 027.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 113

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Osha no longer has anyone with enough smarts to find their way out there.......and if they did they wouldnt be able to get back to file a report!!!:doh: besides the nebors might think they were revernewers!!!!!!!!:hammer: BAD position to be in!!!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
OSHA would get ther Chevy Volts stuck halfway up the mountain, and begin sliding back down. the would lock their wheels trying to prvent falling off the mountain and would fail in the attempt.

Saw it happen (to a rear wheel drive Dodge pickup ) when I was there. Scary road up to that place.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Osha no longer has anyone with enough smarts to find their way out there.......
Here is a picture of the house from the mountain across from me, about 5 miles away. I am alone up here except for a few families down at the base of the mountain. All good people. :thumb: When considering the effort that went into this project, just think about running underground power to the job site. :eek:

Attachments

• tn_circled.jpg
    tn_circled.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That does help put it in perspective. My house is 3/4 mile from the river, with a number of steep hills and ravines with lots of rock tween here and there. I have hopes to get power to the river one day, underground or via telephone poles, one way or another. Electric company wanted 15 k 12 years ago to do the job. Lord only knows what the cost would be now for them to do it.