• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snowcat Forums Help Wanted, members please respond

How can we upgrade the snowcat forums? (check as many as apply)

• Add a Classified area for WTS and WTB snowcats & parts

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Add some brand specific areas

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Add some snowcat wilderness/lifestyle area for backcountry users

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Other thoughts. . . please specify in posting below

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
No bright ideas this way, I am suffering from lack of snow and I feel quite jealous of all you people that have some. Just a suggestion, but what about a section for ex-military snowtracs etc?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anita, come on over today, we got 3 fresh inches on top of what we already had. More light snow is predicted for today.

As for the Ex-Military question, we don't have enough members to make a dedicated section for that. Perhaps ex-military vehicles, if we included all types might be possible?

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I wish I could come over! It would be interesting to see how many ex-military snow vehicles there are out there.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got in from a 56 mile Ice raod trip. with the wind chill it's about -30. The last 2 miles I followed a fairly new Tucker Tera, and had lunch with the crew of Ex-Ray Technicians that was driving it.
What I see happening alot on this forum, is repetition of questions and material. Lots of our members come up with usefull info, and great "Fixes" for common as well as not so common Snow Cat problems. I've answered the same questions over again up to a dozen times for new members. Most all of the answers are there, they just need to be collaited and made redily researchable. Seperating the "Lively Banter" from the more useful and technical information would be a bit more of a challenge,...
EXAMPLE: Do a search on Kristi,.. maybe 75% of what you find is Kristi owners trying to defend themselves and their machines against "Kristi Bashers". Out of all that material it's pretty hard to find the actual:" try substituting this part for... or I got this to work by,.... "
Perhaps the single most redeming aspect of the Snow Cat section of the ForumsForum is the wealth of technical knowlege generated. Plenty of other Web Chat sites have "Lively Banter", but only this one has the accumulated 500 years of technical Snow Cat 'know-how', and that's the valuable stuff.
OK, Lessons over, you can go play now.

snowbird

It sounds as if you're suggesting somehow separating the wheat from the chaff. This is a good idea, but sometimes I enjoy reading about the chaff (especially the Kristi banter).

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you are right the dog can run off after one of his girl friends and get picked up by the dog catcher the kids can be fighting and my wife can be pms.ing but a little krusty joke or a reply from big al can always keep the smile on my face

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Agree. There are obviously several sections of snowcat content...one being technical issues for LMC, etc... and that is under repairs, etc... so plenty of pure technical discussion opportunities. I've even seen some people post "Hey, where did all the lively banter go?" when people became too focused on cut/dry issues/answers.
Takes all types and the forum is intended to be both social and technical... so folks gonna have to take their Krusty lumps. ;)
If we did an analysis of the content... I really doubt more than 5% is that kind of banter anyway.
The bigger issue is the quality of search engine...preferably a full text freeware solution.
To the point about the same questions... that's due to folks not searching properly and also the issue of the search engine itself.
How many times have weight/dimensions questions been answered? OMG. If a nickle for every time...

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Agreeso folks gonna have to take their Krusty lumps. ;)

OK That was another slur toward me and my obviously "wonderful Kristi Snowcat" that is almost running .....kind of !!!! :doh:

Thank God you guys have me to kick around or you would fighting among yourselves .

Just remember:

" You get my Kristi's when you pry my cold dead frozen fingers from their controls"
Or she is for sale at the right price ...........:biggrin:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
OK That was another slur toward me and my obviously "wonderful Kristi Snowcat" that is almost running .....kind of !!!! :doh:

OK, I'll back-pedal a wee-bit...it's meant only in the most affectionate string-yanking manner. :doh: But it's tradition...and unlike rules, traditions must continue... :smile:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
OK, I'll back-pedal a wee-bit...it's meant only in the most affectionate string-yanking manner. :doh: But it's tradition...and unlike rules, traditions must continue... :smile:

Well that is entirely different then :unsure:. :wink:Thank you for the kind thoughts . I feel so special .......:smile: