• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

No adopting pets if you a gun owner! Pet shop bans gun supporters.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmmm, my guess is that this wouldn't stand up in court since guns are a protected right. But if I was a pet owner in that city I'd just never shop at that store.

Full story at FoxNews but you'll get the idea from the first few lines:

California pet store bans Second Amendment supporters from adopting animals, faces backlash

The pet shop threatened to sue any secret NRA supporters for fraud if they tried adopting one of their animals

Fox NewsJune 14, 2022 8:48pm EDT
A California pet shop is facing backlash for banning gun rights advocates from adopting abandoned animals from their store.​
Shelter Hope Pet Shop describes itself as a fun, friendly place where visitors and volunteers can meet and interact with animals needing adoption.
Shelter Hope Pet Shop describes itself as "a fun, friendly place where visitors and volunteers can meet and interact with animals needing adoption." (Shelter Hope Pet Shop via Facebook)​
"We do not support those who believe that the 2nd amendment gives them the right to buy assault weapons," Shelter Hope Pet Shop stated on their website. "If your beliefs are not in line with ours, we will not adopt a pet to you."​
According to their Facebook page, Shelter Hope Pet Shop in Thousand Oaks, Calif. provides "a fun, friendly place where visitors and volunteers can meet and interact" with abandoned animals. Applicants must be at least 25 and able to drive, in addition to being pro-gun control.​
Business owner Kim Sill credits her strong position on gun control to the tragic death of her sister Michelle, who was shot by her husband.​

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Business owner Kim Sill credits her strong position on gun control to the tragic death of her sister Michelle, who was shot by her husband.

Maybe she should not allow Husbands to adopt her pups since a husband is the one who shot her sister. :bonk:
I empathize when anyone who has lost a loved one like that but her stance will only hurt her business and will not prevent any further gun violence. Duh.