• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Made some preserves tonight

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
While putting some blanched green beans in the freezer yesterday, I found 3 packages each of frozen raspberries and blueberries. So today I picked up a bag of sugar and some pectin, and turned them into preserves after dinner tonight. All the lids set after the 10 minute water bath, so these babies will keep for awhile. The blueberries are especially delicious.

Rasp-BluePreserves.jpg

loboloco

Yep, I made blueberry jam last week from fresh picked. Yesterday canned 12 qts of tomatoes, and tomorrow will be working on stage 2 of sweet pickles.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
A foodie friend (also one of my neighbors) over on NCT gave me a bag of slicing cukes tonight, so we'll be making Bread & Butter pickles and Freezer Pickles this week. I need to give some stuff away to insure an abundant harvest.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
i still remember. my late Grandmother, (Saint of a woman,) used to do this all the time. with the wax tops and everything. boy do i miss that.

they look great, JEV. shall i PM you with my mailing address? :D

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
i still remember. my late Grandmother, (Saint of a woman,) used to do this all the time. with the wax tops and everything. boy do i miss that.

they look great, JEV. shall i PM you with my mailing address? :D
Not unless you're having a body part removed. You guys need to have something like a gall bladder removed to get my goodies. PG got a whole batch of cinnamon rolls for her gall bladder. You're all healthy as horses, so no goodies going out today.:yum:

Something like a kidney or a lung could get you an overnight delivery of JEV's bread and sweets. Is it worth it?

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Not unless you're having a body part removed. You guys need to have something like a gall bladder removed to get my goodies. PG got a whole batch of cinnamon rolls for her gall bladder. You're all healthy as horses, so no goodies going out today.:yum:

Something like a kidney or a lung could get you an overnight delivery of JEV's bread and sweets. Is it worth it?

got my appendix yanked in 6th grade. litereally almost took me out....

does that count? :yum::yum::yum:

id like blueberry please :yum::yum::yum:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
got my appendix yanked in 6th grade. litereally almost took me out....

does that count? :yum::yum::yum:

id like blueberry please :yum::yum::yum:
Nice try...no cigar (or jam in this case).:yum: My benevolence is for current amputations and 'ectomy's only.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh St. Joseph.
Those preserves look wonderful.
I know I may not be having another body part removed anytime soon, but I'd sure like to sample one of those jars.
I could use them for turnovers, thumb print cookies, just spread on toast with butter, perhaps even use some for mini pies.
Please? sob...................

Please Oh Great One? :shifty:

Last edited: