• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

JD 555G Warning Lights

idlerjn

I fairly recently bought an 89 JD 555g crawler loader. I have a couple general questions I hope someone can help me with. The dashboard warning light panel is all scratched off so I can't see what each warning light means. Like oil pressure, temp etc. I can see there is a red stop sign light, then a diamond shaped light, and under those are 6 smaller lights. The words on all lights except the stop sign are scratched off. I'm thinking that info might come in handy someday! Can someone tell me what words should be on those lights and the meaning of all the lights? Thanks for that info. Also, is there a specific type, weight and brand of hydraulic fluid, engine oil, transmission oil I should use in this crawler? Thanks guys.

tonkeeparts

1. Warning Lights: While I can't provide the specific labeling on your dashboard, standard warning lights typically include Oil Pressure, Engine Temperature, Battery Charge, and others. You may need to consult your machine's manual or contact a John Deere dealer for the exact labeling.
  2. Fluids: Use high-quality fluids that meet John Deere's specifications. For engine oil, a 10W-30 or 15W-40 diesel engine oil should work. The hydraulic system generally uses a quality hydraulic fluid (such as AW46 or similar). Transmission oil should meet JD's specifications and is often a dedicated transmission/hydraulic oil.