• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Grilled Monte Cristo Sammies - Bam Style

BamsBBQ

i wanted some Monte Cristo Sammies and didnt want all the grease or to heat up the house..this is what i came up with..
the ingredients
day old rolls(thick sour dough works very well here as well)
various deli meats
cheese
other ingredients to follow later
rtdk5j.jpg

mix 2 eggs - 1 tsp hot sauce(i used my hottest sauce) and milk. you are going for the same mixture as you would for french toast
i513q9.jpg

if you are using rolls, you may want to cut off the tops and split the rolls like i did here
fz5gz4.jpg

in a bowl add...3 good tablespoons of miracle whip or mayo, 1 scant tablespoon sweet relish,1-2 tsp of ketchup and 1-2 tsp of franks red hot or to taste
2ai37l3.jpg

mix well
2nlhks5.jpg

put a generous amount of the sauce you mixed up on each half of the sammie. assemble with desired meat and cheese. your grill should be at 350-375*F. grill on each side approx 3-5 minutes.dip in egg mixture, you can squeeze the excess off as you dont want them too wet. watch that they dont burn, if it is too hot, put on top rack of grill and finish cooking..
29yqmc6.jpg

when they come off the grill, spread a little butter on the top of the sammies, cut or not. enjoy..make sure you have some napkins because these sammies are not neat
315ehl1.jpg

ofyx5.jpg

10fyzb4.jpg

156pl60.jpg