• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Gen. Stanley McChrystal?

Glink

Site Supporter
Now we can focus on the content of which he revealed in the article ........... hope he goes on a media tour and spills his guts!

That would be nice but my guess he is a man of honor and will take it as such.

Such an irony that he was fired by such a dishonorable thin skinned weasel who puts his ego in front of his responsibility seemingly at every turn.

It really is all about him. If he was in hollyweird he would be called a diva.

mak2

Dissing a superior officer is not honorable. It has nothing to do with Obama's ego, it has everything to do with military bearing.

But yea, arrogant, I forgot the talking points.

SShepherd

yup, there is that chain of command...and I'm sure McChrystal would have probably stomped the shit out of a subordinate if he did the same thing.
But then, you can't talk aboud about "the one" no matter who you are00cuz everything is all leprachuans, unicorns, rainbows and lollypops these days.:glare:

and I forgot the talking point,

moonbat.png

Glink

Site Supporter
Dissing a superior officer is not honorable. It has nothing to do with Obama's ego, it has everything to do with military bearing.

But yea, arrogant, I forgot the talking points.

Well I have not actually seen or read where anyone said that what he did actually rose to the level of insubordination. I understand that in the end it is the POTUS's call; and I fully support civilian control of the military.

And what is it with the talking points crap?

SShepherd

Well I have not actually seen or read where anyone said that what he did actually rose to the level of insubordination. I understand that in the end it is the POTUS's call; and I fully support civilian control of the military.

oh, it's his way of being sarcastic and dismissing any genuine criticism of "the one":shifty:

mak2

McChrystal had last review of an article he was interviewed in. There were several parts of what I read that a Cpl in the Marine Corps would have been charged for disrespect to a superior officer if said about his officer in charge or even his NCOIC. It was disrespectful in word and deportment toward the Commander in Chief and he is a four star. Insubordination had absolutely nothing to do with it, being openly disrespectful is more than enough. I think he did it intentionally to get releived. Military bearing is kinda hard to explain, but what I read of the article is way over the line.

The arrogant thing I have heard Rush and several other TV guys say it several times in the last couple of months and many times here. I dont see obama as arrogant, maybe detached, but certainly not arrogant.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter

I guess you don't listen much to the news but insubordination is the main reasons I've heard from retired military and members of congress (both sides of the isle). I've also heard that his actions affect the a lot of other things by these same people. He actions are just plan unthinking in my opinion.

Glink

Site Supporter
I guess you don't listen much to the news but insubordination is the main reasons I've heard from retired military and members of congress (both sides of the isle). I've also heard that his actions affect the a lot of other things by these same people. He actions are just plan unthinking in my opinion.

Actually I try to stay informed, but I jump from channel to channel, site to site, looking for some degree of balance. I heard folks from the same genres as those you mention say it fell a bit short. A few others did say it was a slam dunk and that he was toast. But what any of the mouth breathers say really don’t matter, either in the media or here on the internet.

The President gets the call.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I look for the military personal, retired of course as they are the only free to say what they think. There are a few out there including a medal of honor winner such as Jack Jacobs. I think I saw him on MSNBC but not sure as I also channel hop in the course of the day.

My only question how does one know one is hearing a balanced report? Now I do assume some just try to sensationalize while others tell their opinions be it based on facts of pure fiction. But then I avoid the talking heads for the most part, especially on the radio.

SShepherd

Well, now we have Gen. Petraeus in charge, to say he's had a pretty stellar career is an understatement.
Anone have any insights on him?

Glink

Site Supporter
The arrogant thing I have heard Rush and several other TV guys say it several times in the last couple of months and many times here. I dont see obama as arrogant, maybe detached, but certainly not arrogant.

I appreciate your insight on the military bearing thing; kind of makes sense after I looked it up. Thanks, pretty rigid rules; I guess in those situations they make perfect sense.

But the arrogant / talking point comment I guess I am not so sure. Seems like a passive agressive method of discounting those who express an opinion you don't agree with. Kind of like the "whatever" statement that gets thrown around here fairly often.

To each his own.

Glink

Site Supporter
My only question how does one know one is hearing a balanced report? Now I do assume some just try to sensationalize while others tell their opinions be it based on facts of pure fiction. But then I avoid the talking heads for the most part, especially on the radio.

That is my point Joe, I don't think you can get balance from any one source as all are biased. I listen a bit to one side and then the other assuming the truth is somewhere in the middle. Radio while driving is about all I have time for; and what I can deduce from sites like this when I get the chance.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, now we have Gen. Petraeus in charge, to say he's had a pretty stellar career is an understatement.
Anone have any insights on him?

It is my understanding that he wrote up the plan put into effect on Afghanistan when Obama took office. That plan included sending more troops with beginning to with draw from their in July 2011. Once it was accepted that is it no more discussion by those doing it. They also all discussed this plan for a while before it was accepted by them. If they weren't in agreement then they are out of the whole thing. Now I'm talking about the military personal.

According to those I heard Petaeus is the best general we have produced in generations. He did well in Iraq, both wars and it pretty sharp in my opinion also.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
That is my point Joe, I don't think you can get balance from any one source as all are biased. I listen a bit to one side and then the other assuming the truth is somewhere in the middle. Radio while driving is about all I have time for; and what I can deduce from sites like this when I get the chance.

I prefer straight forward tell me the fact you know type news casts. Now I get those for the most part on the evening news on the major news casts and during the day on the cable networks which include CSpan channels including foreign news outlets.

Now in all honesty I can't watch Fox be it their local news nor their cable news, just too much spinning for me and they always sensationalize their news shows even local. I've not listened to them since I saw how they operated after Hurricane Andrew hit my home in Homestead FL. A ton of BS, made up and staged stories lost all respect for them as well as Rick Sanchez who was their local anchor for the local fox channel in Miami.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I prefer straight forward tell me the fact you know type news casts. Now I get those for the most part on the evening news on the major news casts and during the day on the cable networks which include CSpan channels including foreign news outlets.

Now in all honesty I can't watch Fox be it their local news nor their cable news, just too much spinning for me and they always sensationalize their news shows even local. I've not listened to them since I saw how they operated after Hurricane Andrew hit my home in Homestead FL. A ton of BS, made up and staged stories lost all respect for them as well as Rick Sanchez who was their local anchor for the local fox channel in Miami.

Funny how things change ...........

Obama criticizing Petraeus

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Not really at least in my opinion. He and Petraeus where looking at a different issue under a different time. Obama, I believe is the one that moved Petraeus to Sitcom which is a step up the ladder for a general. So I doubt he dislikes or doesn't respect Petraeus to the contrary I think he feels he can do the job. If you read that article he had problems with linking 911 to the war in Iraq which I found as a joke also. Perhaps we should of attacted Saudi Arabia instead since most of the hijackers came from there on 911.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not really at least in my opinion. He and Petraeus where looking at a different issue under a different time.

It always something eh Joe. Plain and simple, Petreaus planned it Obama dint like it, matter not the reason we got there or how.

From the article ............

However, the Illinois Senator accused Petraeus of dodging questions about the overarching Iraq war strategy. "You've punted a little bit," Obama said. " We don't have limitless resources … the question is one of strategy not tactics."

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
You know Dog at least Obama seems to realize he was wrong when Petraeus was right with his thinking on Iraq. He turned to him to setup a method on Afghanistan.

To me that is a good trait in a leader to realize them might be wrong and correct mistakes they make or change reversing course. I don't understand why people will consider that a bad thing to change ones mind, instead call it flip flopping. Hell the king of Flip Fops right now is McCain. Now that would of been a better choice that what we have? I don't like either of them but Obama is our president until the next election so now what? Piss and moan about every decision or give the man credit when he does something correct and disagree when he does it wrong. Kind of a ridged philosophy which seems to come more from the right than the left.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You know Dog at least Obama seems to realize he was wrong when Petraeus was right with his thinking on Iraq. He turned to him to setup a method on Afghanistan.

To me that is a good trait in a leader to realize them might be wrong and correct mistakes they make or change reversing course. I don't understand why people will consider that a bad thing to change ones mind, instead call it flip flopping.

Agree completely but you'll never get BO to admit it .............. :wink:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Do you really care if he admits making a mistake, why the double standard? Did Bush admit to making any like going after Iraq and ignoring the country to allowed the attack on 911. Very few ever admit mistakes and I don't expect the current one either. Now before you say anything about GW Bush think as fact is he made a lot of them too and to me was edged out the worse leader of this country in my life time, Carter.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you really care if he admits making a mistake, why the double standard? Did Bush admit to making any like going after Iraq and ignoring the country to allowed the attack on 911. Very few ever admit mistakes and I don't expect the current one either. Now before you say anything about GW Bush think as fact is he made a lot of them too and to me was edged out the worse leader of this country in my life time, Carter.

You should do a search before stating or asking the question, just like we all do when we're proven wrong Joe. I'll let you do the search ..........

BTW, I never said he never admitted mistake, I said he wouldn't admit mistake "on the Petreaus" issue. Focus my friend ........ :mellow:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Ah perhaps you should read what I said again. The thing you posted, Obama was a senator questioning a general in a hearing. Now if you want to find something out perhaps the best was it to ask tough questions or question answers. You guys seem to do it here just fine or would rather just tell them how great they are in these hearing or apologize to them for taking a stand against some thing one might not believe in.

Now if you mean Bush admitted to making any mistakes, not that I've ever heard or read. Now if you have some where that he did please point it out to me please.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Now if you mean Bush admitted to making any mistakes, not that I've ever heard or read. Now if you have some where that he did please point it out to me please.

Oh, it"s out there, I sure wouldn't have made the statement if I didn't know better. It"s a good thing to do when poshting on forums. I"ll let you do the search.

mak2

Oh, it"s out there, I sure wouldn't have made the statement if I didn't know better. It"s a good thing to do when poshting on forums. I"ll let you do the search.

Just a tip here, when someone post on a forum saying, "I'll let you do the search." usually means they dont have any idea. That might be okay if they have posted it repeadly in debates, but I dont remember this one. So comeon big dog, you do the search. By the way, I have completely lost track of what we are talking about.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Are you talking about this stuff?
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jan/13/bush-admits-mistakes-defends-record/

He admits to mistakes in the planing of invading Iraq but defends him doing it. To me that isn't very much admitting. Perhaps you should look at the costs of these wars he got us into in the tread that I posted a while ago. Now you wonder where your tax dollars are going that should show a good chunk of them. Oh and his admissions are kind of half admissions but will grant you he did admit to at least part of them. I hadn't seen these before but did see his last press conference as president when he said he couldn't name any. All I've heard since then is the mistakes he did make.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just a tip here, when someone post on a forum saying, "I'll let you do the search." usually means they dont have any idea. That might be okay if they have posted it repeadly in debates, but I dont remember this one. So comeon big dog, you do the search. By the way, I have completely lost track of what we are talking about.

Searched in the last fifteen minutes, didn't take long to find. Just trying to promote a littlle investigation before posting falsehoods that people claim to have never heard in their life.

mak2

Goodness, I hope I can find this thread next time you start on one of you rant things.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Let me elaborate since returning from eating 50 cent wings from the local pub from which I posted my last ............

Now let's see ........

1. Joe brings up Bush (off topic)
  2. Joe says he never heard of Bush admitting mistakes (I'm to take this as true? I didn't)
  3. I searched and found (found he has/did)
  4. Now you want me to prove Joe is wrong when he brought it up, made a false accusation that we all are to believe and then make him look bad)
  5. Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Frankly I'm tired of opinion being passed as truth and being dropped as gospel. It ain't happening with this guy! I ain't gonna prove something that shouldn't even be in the conversation, off topic and being a opinion ta boot. Since it's so quiet now I assume some have done some searching.... good day ........ :tiphat:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Goodness, I hope I can find this thread next time you start on one of you rant things.

Being the forum wizard you are, you know you can subscribe to the thread.

Believe me, if I make a generalization and get called on it I will respond with explanation.