• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Electronic ignition for the Imp

BoyToys

Did I need to do this? No. But just because I could...even though I'm major old school and can handle point gaps and dwells and such. Installed Pertronix #91847, plus their low ohm coil. Simple installation, but of course my fingers were crossed when I turned the key.
Shazam!...she lit right up. I know that a very few people in the world have had failures, but wtf, go for broke. I don't listen to the minority. But of course, the original points/condenser/and coil are hermetically sealed for that "just in case" moment. Electronics are great and usually last forever. But sometimes good old mechanical stuff is more bullet proof even if it takes a bit more maintenance

Attachments

• IMG_2488.JPG
    IMG_2488.JPG
    479.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2487.JPG
    IMG_2487.JPG
    493.5 KB · Views: 13