• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Don’t pet sharks!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Some things seem obvious. Tourists snapping selfies with buffalos has been in the news lately. Now it’s trying to pet sharks. Bad ideas.

Full story and video at the link. But yes, they did airlift him to a hospital after his misadventure!

Shark attack video in Florida Everglades shows man being bitten, pulled from boat​

Richard Morin, USA TODAY
Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 7:53 AM CDT·1 min read

A video appeared to show a man being bitten and dragged out of his fishing boat Friday by a shark while in the Florida Everglades.

The video − which was shared with WPLG Local 10 news station in Southeastern Florida − shows what appears to be one fisherman dipping his hand near a partially submerged shark before the predatory fish lunged at the man, causing him to fall into the water.

Other fishermen in the boat could then be heard exclaiming, "Get him!" as they worked to rescue the man from the shark-infested water. . .

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's always been on my bucket list to pet a shark. NOT!

I've seen the buffalo selfie thing up close. One of the stupidest things I've ever witnessed.

I'm still waiting to see the petting of a grizzly cub because, "It is just so cuddly". :D

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Blame outfits like Disney and Nickelodeon who have humanized every creature on the planet with their cartoons.

Paw Patrol makes puppy dogs out to be thoughtful and industrious creatures. "Mermaid" makes sea creatures out to be friendly and harmless. They are not.

The real world is made up of vicious creatures and two sexes. It is a danger to our progeny to teach different.

So, why are we allowing our government, the media, and our education system, to be doing so?

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Blame outfits like Disney and Nickelodeon who have humanized every creature on the planet with their cartoons.

Paw Patrol makes puppy dogs out to be thoughtful and industrious creatures. "Mermaid" makes sea creatures out to be friendly and harmless. They are not.

The real world is made up of vicious creatures and two sexes. It is a danger to our progeny to teach different.

So, why are we allowing our government, the media, and our education system, to be doing so?
We need to blame ourselves for tolerating any of it. Notice how our way of life is being tolerated now.