• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Boston Whaler Rage

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
It's a freakin disease - cars, boats, tools, etc.

So I just bought a Boston Whaler Rage. It has a brand new engine. Everything else is indecent shape.
I'll post some pics when I get her buffed out.

Will probably sell the 1969 Glaspar Avalon now. Maybe. It's such a sweet little boat.

The Rage is a jet, so I don't have to worry about banging up the prop when going up river. Not sure how it will be out on the big lake, but then again, I'll only go out there when it's flat water.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Jets are so cool. You can run up small rivers and creeks. Hit a log, it's just a bang on the hull.

Fuel consumption is higher and power from the engine delivers less useful thrust. Like any boat, everything is a trade off.

Have fun with it.

BTW, the 69 Glaspar Avalon reminds me of our family's first boat a 64 Lone+Star Deauville. I think one of my Texas nephews still has it. Boats of the 60's were so cool. Simple, durable, and fun.

Last edited:

chowderman

yer' gonna need a bigger credit card . . .

got to play with jets in Quantico during training - for a guy used to a 12 ft Montgomery Ward aluminum boat with a 7.5hp Elgin.... they were a blast.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Installed some goodies on the Rage in the last week or so.
First installed a fuse block and a negative buss bar. Over the years things were added and simply added another battery Stacon. Got rid of all that garbage and now have neat wiring.
Also added a battery master switch that also had a lock.
Added a Garmin depth sounder.
Added a MB Quart radio with Bluetooth for Spotify, a 180 way MB Quart amp. And a pair of no longer available German made MB Quart speakers.
Added a couple of stainless foldable cup holders.
A new steering wheel.
Wife made carpet.
Hope to splash it next week and run soundings so I don't hit bottom with the big boat.

Attachments

• IMG_20230423_110128_01.jpg
    IMG_20230423_110128_01.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 56