• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

AWESOME Picture Thread II

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sycamore tree. Yup!
My son has been pinching my bar all month. :( But he is learning.
I have a 30" or so diameter maple leaning over my building. I obviously have to pull it the other way. I'm going to tie it off to a tree about 100' away then have 2 tractors, both with logging winches try to pull it where I want it to go.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓🩺 🇺🇸
GOLD Site Supporter
My middle Granddaughter Maddie caught a fish out of their pond a few days ago.
♥️😀
She was told to pose and smile for the camera.
I can always tell when she feels embarrassed, because she puts her hand on her hip.
Nana's baby girl 😘

FB_IMG_1714096704109.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
IMG_1663.jpegIMG_1664.jpeg

I got a nice sky but no purple or other colors. Clouds. No ‘northern lights’ visible here now. Some folks in town said they were visible about an hour ago.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓🩺 🇺🇸
GOLD Site Supporter
I have friends down in Delphos who got a lot of great shots with the pinks.
My son Jeff couldn't really get a good view because of all the light pollution in the middle of the city (Defiance), Ty on the other hand took a lot of good ones being he is out in the sticks.
I had to go down to Oakwood Park and join my neighbours to get a good photo, using night mode setting on the phone.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not awesome but wow. If you recall there was a bad forest fire that went through fort McMurray Alberta Canada 8 years ago? The first picture is from yesterday. The second...8 yrs ago.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1715776137934.jpg
    FB_IMG_1715776137934.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 12
  • FB_IMG_1715776144022.jpg
    FB_IMG_1715776144022.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 10

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
On March 5, 1953, The Marine Angel freighter, became the largest vessel to transit from the Gulf of Mexico, north via the Mississippi River, and the Illinois Waterway, through downtown Chicago on the Chicago River, and out onto Lake Michigan, en route to her destination of Manitowoc, Wisconsin, to be retro fitted with “self-unloading” equipment, and converted from a
Salt water vessel to a Great Lakes freighter.
This Library of Congress photo shows the Marine Angel passing under an upraised Michigan Avenue Bridge, and executing a tight right hand turn at the Wrigley Building.
As the freighter navigated the relatively narrow Chicago River, it passed Van Buren Street with a mere seven inches of clearance on each side.
(See other historic photos in comments)
The Marine Angel, a 634 foot,
70 foot wide converted World War II freighter was built in Chester, Pennsylvania in 1945 as a type C4-S-B2 fast troop transport ship.
During WWII, the ship customarily carried about 250 Army troops, and housed a 100 bed Naval hospital, making regular runs from the East Coast ports to Bombay and back. Like many war veterans, the ship settled into more domestic responsibilities post war,
Transporting grains and ore.
After passing through Chicago, The Marine Angel arrived at Manitowoc Shipbuilding in Wisconsin on March 13, 1953. Retrofitting was completed and the boat, renamed “McKee Sons”, (after the 11 McKee sons of the owner), and departed Manitowoc in October 1953.
The “McKee Sons” sailed as a Great Lakes steamer until 1979, and in 2014, she was moved to long-term storage at Muskegon, Michigan, where she sits today, and no doubt dreaming of that one day she passed through Chicago in 1953.

awe193.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BREATHTAKING! This is Japan's underwater highway

Facing the challenge of linking the cities of Kawasaki and Kisarazu, two urban nucleus located on both sides of Tokyo Bay, Japanese authorities decided to resort to a viaduct, an underground canal... And, as a gift, build two artificial islands over the Pacific waters, one of which is 650 meters and provides a huge parking and commercial area.

And that's nothing!

The project was named as Tokyo Bay Aqua-Line and although it was inaugurated already a quarter of a century ago still surprising for its dimensions, design and the technical solution with which it saves a bay of more than 14 kilometers wide in which the waters reach 70 meters of depth.

awe191.jpg

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
153256-1716825583454.jpeg